VX5-591G-75RM Ram cas timings @ 17?

tacopaco
tacopaco Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
CPU-z reads the ram timings @17, rather than the cas 11, listed on the ram stick.
The same thing happens with another set of ram.
Is there a way to manually set this, or a bios update?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    No, you can not manually adjust the timings, could you please post the snip of CPU-z or tell us the make and model of the RAM.
  • tacopaco
    tacopaco Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi,
    No, you can not manually adjust the timings, could you please post the snip of CPU-z or tell us the make and model of the RAM.
    Sorry, I was just confused.  The Kingston ram that comes with the laptop says SA1-11, and I thought that that meant 11 timings.
    Lol, I don't think that they make laptop memory that fast.
    Anyways, I replaced the 8GB that my laptop had, with 8 gb of dual channel Mac Micron.  It also has 11 written on it, but it is really 11 timings.
    So far so good, but I need to do some more benchmarking, to make sure that it's all good.
    If you were wondering, Yes, this laptop will allow interleaving memory.  If you mix ram sizes, an 8gb, and a 4gb, for example, the first 8gb will run in dual channel.  But I plan on selling my 8gb stick, as I don't require more than that...Its not like the 1050ti could play games that require over 8gb anyways.

Now I could just get faster cas 14 ram, but as you have said in other threads, go for the value ram, It's much cheaper.