Acer Nitro 5 working slow(Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42)

Options
CivicRebel
CivicRebel Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello! 
I've just bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42, with Ryzen 7 2700u and RX 560X. I've installed windows 10 64-bit, all drivers from website, but I have a problem. Laptop works well for a while if it is plugged in. But, if I let it on battery, it start to work clunky, with stutter and dpc latency, manifested by crackling and popping sound and it doesn't matter if I plug it on again. If I want it to work well again, I have to turn it off, wait for a couple of minutes and then power it up again.
Did someone else faced this problem before?
I'm kind of desperate and tired to install windows with its updates again and again because it takes an entire day to do so.
Should I send the laptop to service, even if seems to be a driver related problem? Thanks in advance!
In latencymon, the driver with biggest latency is the dxkrnl.sys.

Best Answer

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @CivicRebel,
                           Right click the battery in the taskbar, go to Power Options, then Choose what closing this lid does, click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (in blue) then uncheck Turn on fast startup. Click Save changes then restart the laptop. Switch to the Balanced battery profiles and try using the system again to see if you encounter the same sluggish, stuttering performance. Let us know if it works!
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.

Answers

• CivicRebel
    CivicRebel Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    EDIT: Also tried the power plan methods. CPU set always to 100%, power saving features disabled.
  • dclanz
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @CivicRebel,
                           Right click the battery in the taskbar, go to Power Options, then Choose what closing this lid does, click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (in blue) then uncheck Turn on fast startup. Click Save changes then restart the laptop. Switch to the Balanced battery profiles and try using the system again to see if you encounter the same sluggish, stuttering performance. Let us know if it works!
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
  • engrian01
    engrian01 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi @CivicRebel
    Same encounter as mine.
    I got Acer Nitro 5 with the same specs as yours last September 12.
    Slow start and delayed opening of applications. Have you found out yet the solution for this problem?
    Please let me know.

Also I tried @dclanz kind of improved but still has delayed opening and processing of application.

TIA!

• engrian01
    engrian01 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    @CivicRebel Bro have you found a solution to this problem?

Thanks

• Sybra
    Sybra Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    im having the same, mine takes 30seg more or less from acer logo to display window and when i on the desktop it is kind of lag, it doesnt open the apps as quickly as another laptop with less spec. . . . mine got the i5 7th , 8gb ram and hdd 1tb
  • Sreyas
    Sreyas Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Maybe a clean install of windows would work. And I would suggest you to install the drivers from the vendor's website, eg- Ryzen 5 and RX560X drivers from the AMD Website.

If I were you, I would probably give a look at the task bar and see what's wrong with it or which application is taking all of that process. I think it might be a issue of a malware eating up the resources or a bad driver of the CPU. My friend had the same problem like this. He had Aspire laptop with i5 7200U. I opened up the task manager to see whats wrong as his OS was taking way too much time to open the windows settings. I had Windows 10 on my old laptop with celeron 575 @2GHz single thread, that that too loaded the Windows settings faster that his laptop. Now what I saw was that his CPU was running below 1GHz instead of 2+GHz. Now I had reinstalled the windows for him and took the drivers from the vendors and after a clean install, everything was working fine, CPU was at it's 2+GHz.
  • dclanz
    Options
    @CivicRebel Check through my clean install guide and see if any of the optimisation steps helps: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/554696/acer-an515-42-clean-install-guide
  • iWolFy
    iWolFy Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    I 100% completely regret buying an Acer Nitro 5 it is the slowest laptop I've ever used in my entire life. After trying any fix I could find on the Internet it is still as slow. I bought this laptop yesterday and now I feel like I need to throw it away cause selling it or giving it away would just be evil to the other end. 
  • theviajerock
    theviajerock Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    iWolFy said:
    I 100% completely regret buying an Acer Nitro 5 it is the slowest laptop I've ever used in my entire life. After trying any fix I could find on the Internet it is still as slow. I bought this laptop yesterday and now I feel like I need to throw it away cause selling it or giving it away would just be evil to the other end. 
    Hey! Do you find a solution? Same thing happen to me with an Acer Aspire 7, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM + 16GB Optane and GTX 1050 4 GB. It's really really slow, even for a simple game like age of civilizations 2, When it's starting I can tell that it's slow, when the game is loading, the music freeze and continue.
  • Kevinpaullim
    Kevinpaullim Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    This laptop is too slow. I bought the 4gb variant i cant even use it properly. Too laggy im jusjust even using excel
  • Mihai07
    Mihai07 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I have the same problem, I bought it 1 month ago,and now I don t know why, when is startup It takes some times to open an app or browser and is pretty lag ,also in that time the cpu is 100% then ,5% idk what to do it makes me so angry 
    Also is the version I5 8th gen,with nvidia GeForce gtx 1050 4gb,8gb ram
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    same for me while on batteries
  • Sluggerboy
    Sluggerboy Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My discrete gpu is idle in nitro 5 and games are now running very laggy earlier it used to be very smooth. Any possible solutions??
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    My discrete gpu is idle in nitro 5 and games are now running very laggy earlier it used to be very smooth. Any possible solutions??

Open Adrenalin and go to Switchable Graphics then Installed Profile applications, click Browse then find your games .exe and add it, then make sure it is selected for High Performance, this will make the game run on the Dedicated GPU

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Sluggerboy
    Sluggerboy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    andylb said: bro I had applied this procedure, but what I said it never used to lag because I switched to dedicated gpu but now the story is different. My gpu is not showing temp and the fps are very low which used to about 60+ in almost every game and now 20-30

Open Adrenalin and go to Switchable Graphics then Installed Profile applications, click Browse then find your games .exe and add it, then make sure it is selected for High Performance, this will make the game run on the Dedicated GPU

• Allen1249
    Allen1249 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I am also very disappointed at Acer after reading how good and fast Nitro 5 was ... I regret giving away my old Acer ... If I could I would return this lemon ...not worth the $$ and not worth the aggravations. Shame on you Acer 
    Now I get email saying I and 58 others were promoted to New User... ***** your promoting *****... you guys ***** me on $800 and now your promoting me... 
  • Allen1249
    Allen1249 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am also very disappointed at Acer after reading how good and fast Nitro 5 was ... I regret giving away my old Acer ... If I could I would return this lemon ...not worth the $$ and not worth the aggravations. Shame on you Acer  
    Now I get email saying I and 58 others were promoted to New User... Fuk your promoting Fuk you guys Fuked me on $800 lemon and now your promoting me to new user ? asswipes ... Note: your services are Super fast to delete out words on your site
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Allen1249 said:
    Now I get email saying I and 58 others were promoted to New User... ***** your promoting *****... you guys ***** me on $800 and now your promoting me... 
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't see any posts from you describing your problem in order that one of us may be able to help. Why don't you do that and you never know we might come up with a fix

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Papadaddyfather
    Papadaddyfather Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    my acer an515 42 cant even run 2016 games on low mode, ***** *****, i upgraded the SSD to samsung evo 860.

***** this ***** company wasted my 55 k inr on this
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    guys the only way this can be fixed that is by removing that 1.6ghz limit on batteries also another fix includes providing update for bios to boot linux which acer is not providing even after putting post many times.