Laptop says "Unidentified Network: No Internet Access" when I am connected to a network

Daryl02
Daryl02 Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
So this problem started about a month ago. When I turn on the laptop, there is an icon saying that my laptop has no internet access. I went to check the internet connection and the wifi on my laptop says "Identifying: No Internet Access". After a while it changed to "Unidentified Network: No Internet Access". So I tried to run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter(with Run As Admin) on the Network and Sharing Center. It said that it reset the wireless adapter but the problem was still there after the resetting. When the troubleshoot completed, the results were "Problem with wireless adapter or access point(Not Fixed)" and "Wifi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration(Not Fixed). I tried running the troubleshooter a lot of times but no luck. I even tried to disconnect and reconnect to my wifi but it didn't work either. I also tried to switch off the main internet modem and turned it on again but this time the laptop said that it has Internet Access. So I used the laptop for a while but then after a few minutes, the laptop went back to having the Unidentified Network problem again. I tried restarting the laptop several times and it didn't work. So I saw on a forum to try to run the Command Prompt(Admin) and enter the "ipconfig/release" and "ipconfig/renew" and the "netsh int ip reset" thing. At first it worked and the problem was gone so I used the laptop for a few minutes but when I put the laptop to sleep and turned the laptop on again, the problem came back. I did the ipconfig commands mentioned above again and the problem was gone but after trying to disconnect from my wifi and connecting back to it, the problem came back. I really don't know what caused this problem. It really is strange because the other devices that are connected to the network have internet access, but not on this laptop I am using. Please tell me how to fix this and tell me if the main cause of the problem is the laptop or the modem itself. I really wish this problem has a permanent fix as this problem prevents me from using this laptop normally. A quick reply is much appreciated!!!!!

Answers

• Configure the network adapter to get IP and DND automatically on IPV4!
    If yours is IPV6, do the same thing! Leave the proxy as in the photo!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,424 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please tell us the laptop model, WiFi card model and the WiFi driver version, in the meantime, could you please try the solutions 1,3 and 4 in the link below, you don't have to do them all at once, try one by one. DNS addresses for GoogleDNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    Open DNS: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
    You could try changing the address manually(solution 4)
    https://windowsreport.com/wi-fi-valid-ip-configuration-windows-10/

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,027 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    If it does not work! Look for updating the driver of the wifi card using the driverbooster!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Daryl02
    brummyfan2 here are the laptop specs

Acer Aspire 5742(we got it about 2011)
    Intel Core i3-330m
    Intel HD Graphics
    3GB DDR3 Memory
    Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n
  • brummyfan2
    @Daryl02
    What's your OS? is it Windows 7 or 10? Anyway, follow the instructions in my previous post.
  • Daryl02
    My operating system is currently Windows 8. Ok so I found a way to avoid the problem. Our TV has a wireless usb lan adapter and I used it on our laptop and it worked. It has internet connection. But when I switch to the wireless adapter on the laptop, it has no internet. Is there any way to fix the wireless adapter problem so I don't have to use the wireless usb adapter? I can't afford on paying for this to a technician.
  • brummyfan2
    edited August 2018
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download driver version 10.0.0.75 and install after uninstalling the current driver in Device manager.
    Go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, highlight and right click your WiFi( I think it's Atheros), go to Properties and click Driver tab, uninstall the driver, then install the downloaded driver.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/3277?b=1

• Is there an Acer program that is configuring the network card? If you have uninstall it! Also uninstall and delete the network driver in the device manager and restart!
    Also try going in control panel, internet options, connections, lan settings and leave it as it is in the photo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Daryl02
    Is there an Acer program that is configuring the network card? If you have uninstall it! Also uninstall and delete the network driver in the device manager and restart!
    Also try going in control panel, internet options, connections, lan settings and leave it as it is in the photo!

How can I understand if it is in a different language than in English?
  • Daryl02
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download driver version 10.0.0.75 and install after uninstalling the current driver in Device manager.
    Go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, highlight and right click your WiFi( I think it's Atheros), go to Properties and click Driver tab, uninstall the driver, then install the downloaded driver.

Is the 10.0.0.75 the latest version? Because it said that it was released back in 2012. But this is my current network driver:

sf.JPG 87.9K
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,027 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Try using the driverbooster to update this driver!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brummyfan2
    Daryl02 said:
    Hi,

Is the 10.0.0.75 the latest version? Because it said that it was released back in 2012. But this is my current network driver:

Hi,
    In certain cases older drivers fare better than the new drivers, Acer driver was tailored for your system, so it's better to try the driver provided by Acer, if that doesn't help, you can always go back to the 3.0.1.155 or newer drivers. Make sure you keep a backup of your laptop while trying different drivers.
    http://www.atherosdrivers.com/atheros-wireless-drivers-AR5B97-windows8-64bit.html
  • Daryl02
    Daryl02 said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    In certain cases older drivers fare better than the new drivers, Acer driver was tailored for your system, so it's better to try the driver provided by Acer, if that doesn't help, you can always go back to the 3.0.1.155 or newer drivers. Make sure you keep a backup of your laptop while trying different drivers.
    http://www.atherosdrivers.com/atheros-wireless-drivers-AR5B97-windows8-64bit.html
    Daryl02 said:
    Hi,

Hi,

How am I going to update this because there is a warning message even if I try to run the program:

xd.JPG 73.5K
    ss.JPG 30.7K
  • Try using the driverbooster to update only this driver! It may solve the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Are you using windows 8 64bits or 32bits?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Download the two versions on this site and test: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/atheros-wireless-drivers.html

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Daryl02
    Are you using windows 8 64bits or 32bits?
    I am using Windows 8 64bit(Upgrade from Windows 7)
  • Daryl02
    Try using the driverbooster to update only this driver! It may solve the problem!
    I did that and it didn't work
  • Daryl02
    Download the two versions on this site and test: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/atheros-wireless-drivers.html
    How will I be able to install the earlier version of the driver if I can't open it because no program can open it? Like brummyfan2 said I should install the earlier version but the driver I am installing is only compatible with windows 7. Even compatibility troubleshooter isn't working
  • Daryl02
    Download the two versions on this site and test: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/atheros-wireless-drivers.html
    Which of the following should I download for Atheros AR5B97? both 32 and 64 bit?