Replacing Intel Optane with M.2 SSD

koboko34
koboko34 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I'm looking at the Swift 3 SF315-52G and am curious if the Optane module can be replaced with an M.2 SSD. I can't imagine going back to using a hard drive only, even if it is sped up by Optane.
Also wondering if the 8GB ram is dual channel or if there are additional ram slots for potential upgrades in the future.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/NX.H1NEK.003

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,083 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, you can replace the Optane memory with a M.2 NVMe SSD or a M.2 SATA SSD but I am not sure about the memory  upgrade as some models come with  on-board memory only, so it's better to contact Acer support centre in your region and inquire, there's conflicting information available at the moment.
  • Latent_Gecko
    Latent_Gecko Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    Yes, you can replace the Optane memory with a M.2 NVMe SSD or a M.2 SATA SSD but I am not sure about the memory  upgrade as some models come with  on-board memory only, so it's better to contact Acer support centre in your region and inquire, there's conflicting information available at the moment.
    Hi.
    Is there anything you need to do before you switch? Any steps like uninstalling something or changing something in BIOS before taking out Optane memory and replacing it with an SSD?
    Thanks.
  • Hi,
    Hi.
    Is there anything you need to do before you switch? Any steps like uninstalling something or changing something in BIOS before taking out Optane memory and replacing it with an SSD?
    Thanks.
    Hi,
    I don't think you need to do any adjustments, it should be a straight forward replacement.