Acer Chromebook Spin 15 Screen Flickering

Options
Simonsays
Simonsays Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello all, I've been having a pretty recent problem with my Acer Chromebook Spin 15. The screen is flickering or going black with purple, green or blue lines. I don't know what is causing it since it seems to be happening when the laptop is not in motion, but rather just starts happening randomly. If anyone knows anything it would be much appreciated because I don't want to take my fourth Acer back to Best Buy, my first one being bought only a year ago. :/

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi Simonsays, Upon researching the display flickering issue, it seems to be issue with Chrome Sync. As a work around I recommended  you reset the Chrome sync. By resetting the Chrome Sync you will loose all of your saved apps, extensions, settings, Autofill, History, Themes, Bookmarks, Password, and open tabs.

To perform a "Reset Sync"

1. Sign in to your Gmail account (which you used in your Chromebook) using a Chrome browser on a different Windows computer (Desktop or Laptop). 

2. Once it's logged in, go to the Settings section and click on Google Dashboard. 

3. Scroll down and click Reset Sync. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• ChromieBob
    ChromieBob Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options
    Simonsays said:
    Hello all, I've been having a pretty recent problem with my Acer Chromebook Spin 15. The screen is flickering or going black with purple, green or blue lines. I don't know what is causing it since it seems to be happening when the laptop is not in motion, but rather just starts happening randomly. If anyone knows anything it would be much appreciated because I don't want to take my fourth Acer back to Best Buy, my first one being bought only a year ago. :/
    Are you still having the problem?  Or noticed a pattern to the problem?

Mine has just done it, while doing a download from the Play Store, when I'd click on the notifications to see the download progress, the screen display started to jump and flicker.
  • nineten
    nineten Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I.'m  having the same problem with a new Acer  Chromebook spin 13.  I notice it mostly when I'm playing certain Android games,  the screen would become filled with red horizontal lines.It comes intermittently, but only when I touch the screen.  I have not noticed it during other Android apps, chrome apps, or web pages.  except once, I did notice it occurring when I was moving the laptop in display mode.   I was holding it on both sides, my fingers were near the hinges. I think it is a hardware issue.  My other Chromebook  (acer rR13) did not have this problem.
  • MalignantSonata
    MalignantSonata Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yeah, mine's gotten to the point where I can't even use my Chromebook anymore. At first, it would just flicker, then go away, then I had to like slightly bend the screen to get it to go away, but it would stay away until I had to bend the screen slightly just to use it. Finally, as of about a day ago, it won't even go away if I bend the screen, no matter where I do it. What do I do?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    BadMusic, yours sounds like the cable going between the motherboard and display is either pulling loose at one end or the other or the wires are starting to break where it flexes when opened or closed. Are you still in warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.