G3-572-7526 Windows 10 Dual-boot problem

helios2018
helios2018 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I added a second hard drive to my Helios in order to boot to a different Windows installation. This is a migrated OS, so it has drivers for an AMD system. I wanted to remove all AMD software and use the Intel and Acer drivers, but where I am having a problem is with the Catalyst Control Center. This software is for an AMD system, but when I uninstall it through control panel, it also removes all USB drivers and support. This cannot be fixed, as some of the USB drivers are native to Windows 10. Any attempt to migrate a driver, even with digital signing disabled, gives an error that it is corrupted.

Is there any way to remove elements of CCC without also borking my USB? Thanks.

Answers

• Ideally you would uninstall the amd software on the source computer! However you should not restart the computer but rather shut down the desktop! This will put the hd on the new desktop and probably windows will be in charge of downloading the proper drivers!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • helios2018
    helios2018 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Ideally you would uninstall the amd software on the source computer! However you should not restart the computer but rather shut down the desktop! This will put the hd on the new desktop and probably windows will be in charge of downloading the proper drivers!
    I have an image backup, so I'll give this a shot.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    What happens if you rename the CCC folder? Or move it somewhere else?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045