Benchmark results same for 8th Gen Intel Core i5 vs i7 Predator Helios 300 PH315-51?

Options
FallenJedi
FallenJedi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I recently purchased the Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 with Intel Core i7 8750H and another with intel core i5 8350 and both having GTX 1050ti. However, when I performed a Geekbench4 benchmark on these laptops I get almost similar results with negligible difference between teh two machines? Isn't the i7 supposed to get a better result compared to the i5 version. All the drivers are updated to the latest versions. The only difference between them is that the i7 version is running Windows 10 Pro while the i5 version is running the Windows 10 Home. Can anybody share their core i7 8th gen results with Geekbench 4?

Best Answer

• M4rdock
    M4rdock Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Red-Sand ,
    egydiocoelho 
    this is cpu benchmark, there should be at least some difference.

@FallenJedi I just run geekbench and got 20171 pts but i undervolted it.
    When i runned without undervolt i got about 18500.

Run passmark performance test on both laptops, its much better benchmark and it will try all your laptop components, so you will see what is bootlenecking your i7 laptop.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ambos foram configurados para opções de potência de alto desempenho e com o booster turbo ligado?
    Take a look at this benchmark: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8750H-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8350U/m470418vsm388461
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Since the GPUs are the same the overall performance for benchmarks will be similar except for benchmarks specifically tailored to the CPU.

Is geekbench a GPU & CPU bench or just CPU?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is your exact model of the notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    What is your exact model of the notebook?
    Title says 
    PH315-51
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This bechmark is only gpu? If it is, both have the same dedicated video card, so the result is similar!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• M4rdock
    M4rdock Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Red-Sand ,
    egydiocoelho 
    this is cpu benchmark, there should be at least some difference.

@FallenJedi I just run geekbench and got 20171 pts but i undervolted it.
    When i runned without undervolt i got about 18500.

Run passmark performance test on both laptops, its much better benchmark and it will try all your laptop components, so you will see what is bootlenecking your i7 laptop.

• Red-Sand
    Options
    Perhaps the benchmark isnt updated for the latest cpus and isnt running properly?
    Try cinebench.
    - Hotel Hero