Acer Predator PC not connecting to my wifi

Floris
Floris Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 20 in 2018 Archives
Hey, 
This afternoon I played a game, suddenly my wifi stopped working I turned my pc off and didn't touch it for another couple of hours.
I turned to on again, but my wifi just would not work "can't connect to network" I tried troubleshooting and a lot of other things but nothing has worked..
Can anyone help me, thanks

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Floris 

What is the full model number of the computer?
    Please try the below mentioned steps:
    >>To run the Network troubleshooter. In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

>>Change the power management 
    Right-click your WiFi icon at the bottom right corner of your PC desktop and click Open Network and Sharing Center.  Right-click your WiFi adapter and click Properties. Click Configure. Go to the Power Management tab. Un-tick the box for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK. 

>>Reset the Wi-Fi AutoConfig service
    On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type services.msc and press Enter. Highlight WLAN AutoConfig. Double-click it. Change the Startup type to Automatic.  Click Apply and OK to save and exit.  Switch off wireless connection using quick “Airplane Mode”. Click on the WiFi icon on the tray and check your “Airplane Mode” is disabled.

>>Disable Network Discovery
    Open “Network and Sharing Center” and click on the the wireless internet connection you are using.
    Click on the “Wireless Properties” button under “General” section which will take you to the properties of your wireless connection. Disable the option “Look for other wireless networks while connected to this network” under “Connection” tab.

>>Resetting Winsock and TCP/IP
    Open the Command Prompt (Admin) by right clicking over the start menu and selecting it from the list. You can also use Win + X keys on the keyboard and select it from the list. 
    Type the following commands inside the Command Prompt and hit Enter key after typing each one. You can also copy/paste the commands by right clicking inside the command prompt and selecting the Paste. Press Enter after typing each line.
    netsh winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ipv reset reset.log
    Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

>>>Please try this steps by uninstall and reinstalling the Wi-Fi driver,
    Open Device Manager. To do so, right-click on the Start button and then click Device Manager. Expand Network Adapters. Right click on the adapter you want to uninstall and select "Uninstall". This will remove the adapter from the list and uninstall the driver. Restart the computer windows would restore the driver. If the wi-fi card was preinstalled, you can also download and install the driver from Acer website.

>>>Disable IPv6
    Right click on WiFi icon on system tray and then click on “Open Network and Sharing Center.“
    Now click on your current connection in order to open settings. Click Properties button in the window that just open.
    Make sure to uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP). Click OK then click Close. Reboot your PC to save changes.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!