can I use a NVIDIA Graphic card in Acer Veriton m26311?

shenal_perera
shenal_perera Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
currently i am using intel hd graphics(4400).i wanna use NVIDIA graphics.is it possible to do so,I have found NVIDIA vga drivers for veriton m2631(they havent mentioned the NVIDIA product).i want to know is it possible to do so,,if it is possible, what are the supported NVIDIA options.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/5213?b=1&pn=DT.VK7SG.006

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Do you want to add an off-board video card, is that it? If so, this desktop has an x16 pci express slot! Just buy a video card with this spec! Use hwinfo64 to see if pciexpress x16 is version 2.0 or 3.0!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    This is motherboard: 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I need you to confirm using hwinfo64, which is the version of pcie of your computer! Unfortunately, only ACE users have access to service guides and Acer prohibits through a contract that ACE users distribute these service guides out of the community! But any questions you may ask!
    On the video card, I need to know the pcie version!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Also tell me the motherboard chipset using cpu-z!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Depending on your desktop configuration, you may need to replace the power supply!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You can buy a pcie x16 3.0 video card! However, because of the limitation of your motherboard, this video card will work as if it were a x16 2.0 pcie! This is possible, therefore, the motherboard bus pcie x16 is retrocompatible!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    The bandwidth transfer of this card will be the same as a video card with 2.0 pcie!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    So in that case you should switch to a higher source! If possible, buy a 400w power supply, because in addition to the video card, the power supply has to supply power to the other peripherals! You can also opt to buy a x12 2.0 pcie video card and that does not require as much of the power supply!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You have to check if the source is 450 wattage real and not nominal!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Do you want to add an off-board video card, is that it? If so, this desktop has an x16 pci express slot! Just buy a video card with this spec! Use hwinfo64 to see if pciexpress x16 is version 2.0 or 3.0!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    This is motherboard: 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Thank you very much egydiocoelho
    can you please guide me what is the latest(or most powerful) NVIDIA graphic card the I can use with this PC,I may have to change the Power Supply Unit.If you can please provide me the details.

and also it would be great if you can share that pdf with me "m2631 service guide " 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I need you to confirm using hwinfo64, which is the version of pcie of your computer! Unfortunately, only ACE users have access to service guides and Acer prohibits through a contract that ACE users distribute these service guides out of the community! But any questions you may ask!
    On the video card, I need to know the pcie version!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Also tell me the motherboard chipset using cpu-z!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

thank you egydiocoelho,Its okay. :+1:

Motherboard Slots:                                                              1xPCI, 2xPCI Express x1, 1xPCI Express x16
    PCI Express Version Supported:                                                  v2.0
    Motherboard Chipset:                                                            Intel H81 (Lynx Point)

Chipset: Intel Haswell              (Rev 06)
    Southbridge : Intel H81            (Rev C2)

and also i need to know that are the supported power supply units too.
  • shenal_perera

Tinkerer

I have found some on some websites that PCI v3 graphic cards are backward compatible(works with v2).is that true?
  • The service guide says that the entry pcie x16 is compatible with revision 3.0! Confirm this information using aida64 or hwinfo64!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Depending on your desktop configuration, you may need to replace the power supply!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

hwinfo64 says it is v2.0.
  • You should look for the pcie x16 option on the motherboard to see if it supports revision 3.0!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

Is this the information you need?

• So he pcie x16 gen2! You should buy a video card compatible with this information!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Thank,so that means i can only use graphic cards with "bus type 2.0"
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You can buy a pcie x16 3.0 video card! However, because of the limitation of your motherboard, this video card will work as if it were a x16 2.0 pcie! This is possible, therefore, the motherboard bus pcie x16 is retrocompatible!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

how that will affect the Graphic quality.I mean if i plug a gtx 950 (pcie3).what will be the issues that I have to face. 
  • shenal_perera

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    I want to know another thing.My idea is to plug a GTX 950 graphic card,NVIDIA says Recommended System Power (W)* is 350W.
    are there any power supply unit limitations with my motherboard,(maximum power that it supports).My current power supply is I think 200W
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    The bandwidth transfer of this card will be the same as a video card with 2.0 pcie!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

I want to know another thing.My idea is to plug a GTX 950 graphic card,NVIDIA says Recommended System Power (W)* is 350W.
    are there any power supply unit limitations with my motherboard,(maximum power that it supports).My current power supply is I thin 200W