Spin 5 randomly cursor clicking

Options
Cars10
Cars10 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I changed after many happy years of using the Asprie 1420P to the Spin 5 (SP5-1351)Currently I have an annoying problem.
The cursor of the mouse keeps jumping around at the left side of the screen and randomly clicks around. No hands are touching the screen nor the touchpad when this happens. It lasts for several seconds - even minutes - and all I can do is to close the laptop and force a reboot. Afterwards it is just a matter of time until it reoccurs.
I use an updated Win 10-64 bit system. All drivers are updated as well.
It happens under Firefox and Chrome mainly sometimes also when using MS Office products (I do not game so no experience at gaming).
An other user described the same problem at a Spin 5 running Ubuntu, so I believe it is not an issue related to the OS, but rather a strange hardware malfunction. https://askubuntu.com/questions/886378/random-clicking-and-draging-and-ghost-touching-is-happening-on-my-acer-spin-5
Therefore I guess it is a case for warranty unless anybody has some creative idea.
Thanks, Cars10

Best Answers

• Cars10

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    The display driver is a PnP-standard one.
    MONITOR\NCP0019
    https://devid.info can NOT find any driver for it. Not under ACER/monitor not under general search.The curent driver ist Microsoft 2006-06-21 version 10.0.17134.1 automatic search for new driver version tells me that there is no newer driver version.

BIOS version is: Insyde Corp. V1.07, 2017-03-07
    OS Win10 - 64 bit version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

• Cars10

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Well, I had some days of vacation when I did not used the Spin 5. Being back there was a general Windows update to be done. Now since a week the problem did not happen again. Maybe Microsoft did something good...

@egydiocoelho thanks for your time and effort, although I did not perform all of your helping possibilities.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is this also in tablet mode? 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Cars10

Tinkerer

Options
    Hola hombre @egydiocoelho
    Yes, it also happend in the tablet mode. Although I am not often using tablet. Maybe less than 10% of time.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check out what model of the touch screen go in device manager, monitors, details and idhardware! Hit a photo so you can search on google to see if there are any drivers that fix it!
    What is the version of your bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can also uninstall the mouse driver from the device manager! Click Uninstall and select Delete Driver! Leave the default windows driver and see if the problem remains!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Cars10

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    The display driver is a PnP-standard one.
    MONITOR\NCP0019
    https://devid.info can NOT find any driver for it. Not under ACER/monitor not under general search.The curent driver ist Microsoft 2006-06-21 version 10.0.17134.1 automatic search for new driver version tells me that there is no newer driver version.

BIOS version is: Insyde Corp. V1.07, 2017-03-07
    OS Win10 - 64 bit version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Verify that this is some conflict between the mouse driver and the monitor: go to the device manager, click the mouse driver, select uninstall driver and choose to exclude the driver and restart! See if with the standard windows driver, the problem remains!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Cars10

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Well, I had some days of vacation when I did not used the Spin 5. Being back there was a general Windows update to be done. Now since a week the problem did not happen again. Maybe Microsoft did something good...

@egydiocoelho thanks for your time and effort, although I did not perform all of your helping possibilities.
  • Cars10

Tinkerer

Options
    The latest MS update let the problem reappear. :(

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Then uninstall and delete the driver again and leave only the default windows driver:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Juxtapo
    Juxtapo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem here, did you resolved the issue?
  • Cars10

Tinkerer

Options
    As this was my topic, I comment again.
    Problem came back, I got more and more annoyed by it. Dec 2019 I sent the Spin 5 to customer service.
    They proposed a repair of several weeks, due to part that was not in stock, or money back.
    I took the money and invested it into Switch 5.