Acer 49" EB490QK UHD/4K HDR IPS "lost video signal"

Options
the_real_swede
the_real_swede Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
Got a brand new 49" monitor that goes black on me intermittent, no gamer only movies and tv shows. Do not go black while working in windows 10 or surfing internet. PC is a Lenovo from 2016, replaced video card, power supply, mother board and tried 2 different HDMI cables and 2 different DP cables. Tried with an old windows 7 machine and the problem still there, but not as frequently with the older PC then with the new one. Anybody have an idea for a fix??

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    the_real_swede 

Please try the below mentioned steps:
    >>>You may try installing the Acer driver for your monitor so when you look in windows device manager it doesn't just say "generic PnP monitor". Download
    Install the monitor driver manually.  Download, Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.  Open Device Manager, Expand the section that needs the driver or device with yellow exclamation mark. Right-click and select Update Driver Software. Click Browse my computer for driver software. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Click Have Disk. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located. Click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed. Restart your computer. 

>>>Disable Hardware Acceleration on your Graphics card.
    Right-click on the Desktop and from the context menu, choose the Personalization option. Then, select Display from the left panel of the window and click on ‘Change display settings’.Next, click on ‘Advanced settings’. This will open the Graphics Properties box. Now open ‘Troubleshoot’ tab. If your current display driver does not allow you to change the settings, you will see the Change settings button grayed out, and you will not be able to change the settings.

>>>Also, try to Disable Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome and  in Internet Explorer.
    For internet explorer,Click on the Tools button which is located in top-right, or press the shortcut Alt+x.
    Click on Internet Options. Go to the Advanced Tab. In Settings under the Accelerated graphics label, uncheck the box Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering. Click OK, and restart the IE browser if required. For Chrome, Click on Google Chrome’s main menu button which is located in the top-right of the screen. Click on Settings from the context menu. At the bottom of the page, click on Show advanced settings. Scroll down, and under System, uncheck the box Use hardware acceleration when available. Restart Chrome.

>>>For Chrome browser, right-click on the Desktop and from the context menu, choose the Personalization option. Then, select Display from the left panel of the window and click on ‘Change display settings’.Next, click on ‘Advanced settings’. This will open the Graphics Properties box. Now open ‘Troubleshoot’ tab. If your current display driver does not allow you to change the settings, you will see the Change settings button grayed out, and you will not be able to change the settings.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • the_real_swede
    the_real_swede Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, will try this week now when I'm off work for a week. Get back to you later this week, thanks.
  • Amack001
    Amack001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I actually think this has something to do with either CEC or an auto input switching function on the Monitor. I got around this with an HDMI switch off the lone HDMI2.0 port and integrating a Logitech Harmony remote. That way, none of the Monitor ports are live or have a signal passing thru unless it’s the one I’m using. Hope this helps.