Can someone confirm that the Acer Aspire V3-572G line can support a second hard drive?

Mbrgr
Mbrgr Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm looking to get a used Acer Aspire V3-572G-77TU from a friend and cannot seem to confirm if this laptop has the ability to support a second hard drive. I've taken it apart and the disc drive should be able to fit  a HD bay; and the board looks like it has a second spot for the cable. I just want to know if anyone has done this, will it read/cause power issues. My end goal is to have the system have a 256GB SSD for main OS and a 2TB HD as the spare drive. 

Answers

• It supports hd sata III of max 1 terabyte!
    You can leave the original hd in place and buy a 2.5 "sata III ssd and a 12.7mm or 9mm caddy! That depends on the height of the dvd drive!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi @Mbrgr

Sorry to inform but this unit does not come with extra slot for secondary drive. However, you can replace the same with DVD drive. This unit can hold up to 1TB HDD.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Mbrgr
    The unit will not read a 2TB drive? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    According to the service guide it only supports hdd up to 1 terabyte! However you can add a ssd with caddy in place of the dvd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mbrgr
    So far this is what I have for the internals layout. The Orange is for the main HD in order to connect another HD using a caddy I'm assuming the Purple connector is what I would connect the drive to. If this is a correct assumption does anyone know the type of connector I would need. Or would I just connect the drive to that? Pardon my ignorance but my other laptop is the 18.4" Ethos so everything was full size, simple and easy to access in that monster. And I believe had the second drive hookup cable already in the chassis the drive was just plug and play.

• Did this notebook come with DVD drive? If you have come, just buy a caddy as I showed in the picture above and drive ssd or hd 2.5 "sata III! In this case, you would install ssd or hd on the caddy and the caddy you would install in place of the dvd drive!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• The caddy would be plugged into the purple connector!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mbrgr
    Awesome. Yes it did come with a DVD drive. I'm glad its a simple plug in and I don't have to worry about running a wire. 
  • That's it!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kezzie123
    Kezzie123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can some tell me if my acer aspire v3 572PG can use a SSD and up to how much storage 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer
    Kezzie123 said:
    Can some tell me if my acer aspire v3 572PG can use a SSD and up to how much storage 
    I've been using a 1TB SSD Samsung 850 EVO as a boot drive and a 1TB spinner HDD slave, attached by means of a caddy in the DVD slot on my V3-571G for 3+ years, it works perfectly at SATA III/AHCI mode, have had no problems!