Aspire 4810t-8480 Bios Update on Windows 10 How should I update the bios?

Options
2»

Answers

• urban_lillies
    urban_lillies Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    The bios has been successfully updated to v2.35.

The new ram that I have on hand (the 8gb 1600mhz) also have been installed and the machine works.
    All systems are up and running and updated.

Now, if you ask me about the improvement in the speed all I can tell is that it is a little faster than before. I would say though that it is more stable switching between apps and opening/closing apps.

The installation is finished. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HARD WORK!

NOW THE OTHER JOB IS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPDATE THE CHIPSET . ;):)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    O chipset está integrado na placa-mãe! Não pode ser substituído! Poste o tópico como resolvido e clique em gostei!  :)
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • urban_lillies

Tinkerer

Options
    I am not sure that I fully understood your Portuguese about the chipset but I did  get something about posting a topic though for something. Now, I am not sure if you mean to post a topic for the chipset or to post a topic that the current post about the bios is resolved.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What I meant is that the chipset is integrated into the motherboard and so can not be replaced! As the problem was solved I would like you to put the topic as resolved and click on liked!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • urban_lillies

Tinkerer

Options
    The Acer Aspire 4810t Bios update over windows 10 is solved.
  • Odysseus_UK23
    Odysseus_UK23 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

So, nearly five years on, many thanks to 'urban_lillies' & 'egydiocoelho'. Without seeing this discussion, I would not have been able to upgrade my 4810TZ laptop RAM from 3GB to 8GB. The BIOS upgrade files are no longer available from Acer Support, I eventually managed to locate them on an unofficial drivers site (I used driverscollection.com - there are others, BUT of course be careful!).

I agonised for about a week before running the jm4151235.exe file, but in the end it worked fine. I virus checked all the files in the .zip (several times!) and checked that everything about them was an exact match (file names, sizes, date/time stamps) to those that urban_lillies got direct from Acer.

The only thing I did differently to 'urban_lillies' was to play extra safe and get the DDR3-1066 (PC3-8500) 4GB modules* rather than the DDR3L-1600 (PC3L-12800) ones that Crucial suggest.  

* As suggested by UK supplier 'Mr Memory' but cheaper on Amazon. It is also worth noting that you can now get a pair of the DDR3-1066 ones for the same price as one DDR3L-1600.

• tibolas
    tibolas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

An old thread I know but it was very useful to me as I was facing the same situation i.e. old ACER 4810T (Windows 10 Home 32bit, BIOS v1.15) for which I am trying to extend the useful life by adding more memory. Here is my conclusion.

1. Go to MIcrosoft to "Create Windows 10 installation media". I used the option to create installation media on a USB flash drive.
    2. Interrup boot sequence on ACER (F2) to put USB drive at top of list
    3. Boot from USB to build laptop with Windows 10 home 64 bit.
    4. Update BIOS to v2.35. This is no longer available from ACER support but a search the web should find it. Apply the BIOS as described above (open the winflash folder and run the file)
    5. Only then should you shut down and insert up to 2 x 4GB SODIMM 1066MHz (else boots extremely slowly if at all).
    6. System will then start correctly and show 8 GB on system info.

Is it any faster? Not sure yet - still reinstalling all the software I want (Ninite is excellent). Not much difference to note yet. I have a 2nd laptop purchased at same time, which still runs on Win10 Home 32 bit with 3GB memory. This pair were bought to do the same limited job for a club using sports timing equipment, so I will run them alongside each other to assess.