PC has 4gb of RAM but only 1.48gb usable.

farwest14
farwest14 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
This issue is new and was discovered upon my second attempt to play BATTLE CHEF BRIGADE. When i first downloaded it it ran flawlessly. No lagging, no skipping, just smooth. A couple days later i attempted to play the game and it was lagging so hard that it was unplayable. While looking for why i discovered that my pc no longer met the minimum requirement (it did when i first downloaded it) simply because i no longer had 4gb of RAM. I dont know why and i havent had much luck troubleshooting. Please dont tell me to buy more RAM as that is the obvious last resort for me otherwise i wouldnt be here. thank you

Answers

• What is the model of the notebook? Is it formatted in gpt (uefi mode) using windows x64? How many gigabytes of RAM is the video card you are using? Did you make any changes to the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • farwest14
    Hi i just realized i didnt put my specs im sorry lol. ok so i have a GATEWAY NV55S using 64bit Windows 7. Im not sure if this is correct but i have an AMD Radeon Graphics Processor with 1013mb total available graphics memory, 512mb dedicated video memory, 0mb system video memory, and 501mb shared system memory
  • farwest14
    i also made no changes to my BIOS prior to noticing the missing RAM. Last night as part of my troubleshooting the problem, i updated the BIOS to version 1.07 but noticed no changes
  • Do the following: When you turn on the notebook, press f2 and see how many ram gigs it is! Go to the main section and hit a photo! In total memory shows the amount of ram memory installed; in video memory shows the amount of RAM used by the video card!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • farwest14
    What is the model of the notebook? Is it formatted in gpt (uefi mode) using windows x64? How many gigabytes of RAM is the video card you are using? Did you make any changes to the bios?
    sorry this is my first time using a forum for questions
  • farwest14
    Do the following: When you turn on the notebook, press f2 and see how many ram gigs it is! Go to the main section and hit a photo! In total memory shows the amount of ram memory installed; in video memory shows the amount of RAM used by the video card!
    ok ill do that now and get back to you