Travelmate P259 G2 MG - Touchpad Driver issue that seems to be unsolvable.

Ryan_45
Ryan_45 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I own a brand new Travelmate P259 G2 MG. There seems to be some problem with the touchpad drivers. 
As soon as I loaded the system for the first time, I noticed that I am unable to scroll using the touchpad, either by two finger gesture, or by dragging against the sides or edges of the touchpad. None of the other gestures are working, despite there being a video describing everything in the "Touchpad Settings" in System Settings. 
 I ran a windows update, hoping that it would fix the issue, however, that did not help at all. I tried downloading Synaptics Touchpad drivers to replace the current one that came with the device, but no luck. The thing would not show up anywhere at all, not even in add/remove programs when going there to check.
There are no options in the "touchpad" settings when looking at the system settings, besides touchpad sensitivity. Clicking "Additional Settings" to the right only gives me the Mouse options regarding pointer icons, speed of cursor movement, and so on. Not the actual touchpad settings. 

And now I have resorted to using an external mouse, but would like to be able to scroll using the touchpad itself. 
The laptop came with a preinstalled version of Windows 10. 

Please help me on how to get the scrolling features or help in getting new drivers for the touchpad. 
Cheers! 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please go to BIOS settings( press F2 as soon as you press the power button), move to Main tab and check whether the Touchpad is in Advanced mode, if it's in Basic mode, switch to Advanced mode.

• jaso
    jaso Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    Could you please go to BIOS settings( press F2 as soon as you press the power button), move to Main tab and check whether the Touchpad is in Advanced mode, if it's in Basic mode, switch to Advanced mode.

Thank you so much, this worked!