Acer T272HL stand tilt angle marketing confusion

Kraznet
Kraznet Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
So after having a disastrous experience with a 27" touchscreen from another manufacturer I bit the bullet and purchased the Acer T272HL which I received delivery of on Fri 03 Aug. I bought it based on my research on the Acer website https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HT2EE.005 . It says on the website that the stand tilt angle is "Tiltable (10° to 60°)". This was important because I needed it to sit as low as possible so not obscure the lower few inches of my main 40" 4K my monitor behind so I figured 10°would be and ideal angle . But it seems information website isn't right because my monitor clearly indicates at the top the tilt angle is 30°to 60°!! This is rather disappointing because it means in order for me to use the T272HL without it partly obscuring the monitor behind I need to jack up the 4K monitor by at least 2 to 3 inches. Is it possible there was a previous build of this model which did have a 10° tilt? Regardless I think that Acer need to update the information on their website so it matches the model they are actually selling. I was in two minds as to whether to send it back to the retailer (Ebuyer) but after the problems with the previous Hannspree touchscreen I didn't want to lose even more time without one so I'm persevering and adapting things to make it work as it is a nice product. Anyway I thought I would mention it here so somebody from Acer can hopefully respond.

Regards, Kraznet

Answers

• Kraznet
    Kraznet Member Posts: 3 New User
    Just as a follow up. I discovered you can actually remover the metal support arm fairly easily. So I've done that and I'm now resting the touch screen on my own supports ( some large rubber door stops I bought from Amazon UK) and I have the monitor at a perfect angle for my needs.

Regards, Kraznet
  • CFO4Good
    CFO4Good Member Posts: 1 New User
    ACER- Please clarify:
    I bought and received a T272HL today, but it doesn't lay at the 80degrees promised-does 30 degrees great (almost 45 degr just like my other two regular computer monitors), however, but no other articulations that I can find. I got this one to lay on the desk almost flat, but at slight angle toward me, but it doesn't work as the pictures or descriptions state. (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/t2). Is mine defective? or is the product information incorrect?
    The picture showing various articulations and the manufacturers description says: 

Positioned perfectly

These monitors tilt back from 30 to 80 degrees, which is practically flush with the desk for enhancing comfort and making the most of their touch capabilities.