Replacement chargers for Acer Predator 17 G9-793

aads
aads Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi Guys n gals
Question.
I bought a reconditioned (newish) Acer Predator 17 G9-793 laptop, but for some reason and I missed this, they weren't selling the chargers with it.

I got it, turned it on and it only ran for a few seconds as the battery was empty. I bought a non branded charger (hp) with the same  230W, 11.8A, 19.5V specs but it did not work. There was power to the charger transformer and It had voltage at the charger plug so that was not the problem.

Do I need an Acer charger for this to work?

Many thanks

Adam

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    The brand of the adapter you currently have is chicony as in the photo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Is the battery charging LED lit when connecting the power adapter? Have you tried doing a power reset? If it did not, try the following: unplug the notebook from power, find a hole with a battery symbol and press for five seconds! Then leave the notebook off for five minutes and try turning it on!
    The power adapter model is this A230A006L-AC01!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • aads
    aads Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello and thanks for your answer. I had already read up a bit. I tried the Battery reset option a few times just to make sure
    The light on the transformer pack works but no charging lights have come on with the laptop

I am waiting on a genuine (bloody expensive) one to arrive on money to see if that is the problem

Anyone heard of Acer laptops needing Acer branded chargers?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    The brand of the adapter you currently have is chicony as in the photo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vorob
    vorob Member Posts: 149 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Wow, can you uplad service manual? Do you have it for g9 593?
  • I can not! Acer forbids its distribution!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer