How to make my laptop faster than other computer? Could it will be to change hard drive?

Options
abraham1973
abraham1973 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
How to make my laptop faster than other computer ? Could it will be to change hard  drive or change by add memory inside.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, installing a SSD will make your laptop faster, please provide more details about your laptop.
  • lambertcarsales
    lambertcarsales Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I also need to make my computer work faster, can someone advise for what I need and how to install it please ? 
  • lambertcarsales
    lambertcarsales Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I also need to make my computer work faster, can someone advise for what I need and how to install it please ? 
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Until we know what problem you are facing, it's not easy to suggest anything. A computer being "slow" is totally subjective, there may not even be a problem. You can take generalities and try to apply them to your computer; adding RAM should improve performance, adding a faster storage drive should improve access speeds, adding a faster graphics card should improve gaming and video experience, etc etc etc. You are just shooting in the dark though, spending money with no real plan at all in hopes your computer will be "faster".

What are you doing with the computer that it feels "slow". Gaming, rendering, simple web surfing? The biggest waste of time and money would be to run to the store and buy a bunch of hardware only to come home and realize you already own it, or it does not fit, or it does not improve performance at all. How do you know you're not already on an SSD? What is your exact computer model?