B1-820 no fastboot

DanSw
DanSw Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

I have an Acer b1-820 that will not go into fastboot mode.  When selected on the recovery screen it simply boots the OS.  Any solutions?

Thanks

Answers

• Is that what you want to know?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DanSw
    Yep, I can get to the recovery screen BUT when I select the "fastboot mode" the device IGNORES that and simply reboots the OS.
  • Did you first try to connect the device to the computer and connected it to go into fastboot mode?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DanSw
    I've tried all kinds of combinations --- connected boot to recovery then fastboot, unconnected boot to recovery-connect then fastboot, adb reboot bootloader. adb reboot recovery then fastboot.  Also did several factory resets.  It's as if the fastboot mode is gone.  I can get a weird looking Intel downloader screen by holding down both up & down volume with the power --- but it doesn't respond to commands. The device seems to work fine otherwise. Strange....
  • What is the version of android installed on the tablet? Did you get to upgrade android?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DanSw
    5.0 -- it's fully updated. Acer appears to be holding 5.0 on this device.
  • Check if there is any sim card or memory card connected to the tablet that is preventing you from entering the fastboot!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DanSw

Nope-it's wifi only and no memory card....

....here's a terminal result of entering the Intel download mode:

"dans@Linux-Mint ~ $ sudo fastboot devices
    Baytrail58AB0061 fastboot"

But none of the fastboot commands work.

• Is the device driver installed on the device manager and the PhoneFlashTool_5.2.1.0 program as well?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DanSw

No driver problem --- adb connects no problem and fastboot driver is good.  I have no PhoneFlashTool --- last time I looked at that UAC stopped it.

• Can you make a video or hit a photo with the problem in fastboot?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DanSw
    Hmmm....there's nothing to video -- when I use the volume button in recovery mode to select "fastboot mode" it reboots to the OS. A pic would show the same as you've shared above.
  • I'll ask the moderator if there is any other way to get into the fastboot!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DanSw
    Thanks, BTW, I got PhoneFlashToolLite_5.5.2.0 installed and it connects. Now I just need a factory image to flash.  The Acer support page has the wrong version.
  • I'm waiting for the answer from @Acer-Manny or @Acer-Karp! I added you in the conversation!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer