Nitro 5 AN515-51-74U4 infinate loop

Options
LoFT13
LoFT13 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I'd like to thank Acer support for taking it's sweet time getting me the USB recovery software for my son's Nitro 5... because of the unacceptable length of time it took, I now cannot take the computer back to my point of sale for an exchange/refund.

We received it June 28th.  My son used it for 2 weeks and after a Windows update, it went into an infinite update loop.  After contacting Acer support, they said we would get the recovery software in 7-10 business days.  After 12 business days and another very uninpressed call with Acer support (again), we finally got the recovery software only to find it did not resolve anything.  Now, it's past it period where I can take this back and have to rely on Acer support to repair this (with little to no assurances or confidence).  I'm now working through a local professional computer company to resolve this and will be an additional $250 in the hole ontop of the price of the computer... not impressed by either Acer and its support.  

After reading forums regarding this issue,  my question is, how can a company who knows of these flaws continue, in good conscience, produce this level of garbage?  I would truely appreciate an actual answer and not the usual company tow the line response of "we're sorry for your inconvenience"; I got enough of that insincere ***** from Acer support.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The problem is not in the notebook but in the operating system! Do the following: When you turn on the notebook, press f2 to enter the BIOS! Then look for the d2drecovery option (it will only work if the recovery partition is intact) and enable it! Then press f10 to save on exit and immediately press alt + f10! It will be displaying a screen like the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuWwuc2oH4
    If not shown, the recovery partition has been changed and must be purchased from this site https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/
    However, there is another way to install, even if the partition is intact or not, using a flash drive with windows 10! But for now try the steps above!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try the above procedure before taking it to a service center! If you do not succeed you can use a pendrive with windows 10! What can I show you how to do!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LoFT13
    LoFT13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    After getting the USB recovery software, we went into the BIOS as instructed, changed a setting to load from USB and ran it... started off ok, and got further than the origin updating system message, but started the infinate loop again at below.
    At a loss.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Notebooks come with a hidden recovery partition on hd! You do not need to use the usb recovery drive shipped by acer! If the hd recovery partition is intact, you can restore your computer with the steps above!
    Otherwise, I'll teach you how to do the installation using the operating system downloaded from microsoft's website! But first try using the hidden recovery partition on hd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vitoko
    Vitoko Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Options
    me paso lo mismo,donde puedo conseguir el eRecovery Thumb Drive gratis, ya que encuentro injusto pagar por una falla que se escapa de mi responsabilidad ayuda

Translation:
    The same thing happened to me, where I can get the eRecovery Thumb Drive for free, since I find it unfair to pay for a failure that escapes my responsibility.

[Post edited to translate content -Acer-Manny]     

• Vitoko
    Vitoko Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Options
    ¡El problema no está en el cuaderno sino en el sistema operativo! Haga lo siguiente: ¡Cuando enciende el notebook, presione f2 para ingresar al BIOS! Luego, busque la opción d2drecovery (solo funcionará si la partición de recuperación está intacta) y habilítela. Luego presione f10 para guardar al salir e inmediatamente presione alt + f10! Aparecerá una pantalla como el siguiente video
    creo que la particion de recuperacion esta mala, ya que no he podido ingresar al modo seguro ni nada.
    al final solo aparece este mensaje DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

ayuda
    debo llevarlo al servicio tecnico, vivo en chile

Translation:
    I think the recovery partition is bad, since I have not been able to enter safe mode or anything.at the end only this message DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION appears.
    helpI have to take it to the technical service, I live in chile

[Post edited to translate content -Acer-Manny]