Strange sound from laptop hardware

Spokas
Spokas Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi. My laptop started make weird sound . At first this sound is very quiet, but after some time it's getting louder. Usually this sound appears then working with heavy software, like photoshop. When I turn off all running programs, sound stops. Sound similar like electric noise. I attached recordet sound. Any ideas what's the problem?

Answers

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hmm, sounds like electrical feedback from the speakers. If you use externally powered speakers with the laptop, swap them with a headset connected directly to the laptop and try using intensive programs again. Let us know if the feedback repeats itself.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • Make sure that turning off microphone listening solves the problem! Or there really is some interference in the speakers, especially if external!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Spokas
    Spokas Member Posts: 3 New User
    i really doubt that it is some issue with microphone... this sound doesn't come out of speakers. it's more like cpu is damaged or some tranzistor is broken. anyway my micropone doesn't work at all(driver problems, see attachment)
  • Did the microphone stop working as soon as you made that noise? I'm finding this to be some bad contact on the microphone because my microphone is also in trouble and has a similar noise coming from the speaker! Does that sound come out of the speakers or any other part of the notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Did the microphone stop working as soon as you made that noise? I'm finding this to be some bad contact on the microphone because my microphone is also in trouble and has a similar noise coming from the speaker! Does that sound come out of the speakers or any other part of the notebook? Maybe this sound disappears, because these are set to use the microphone!
    It would be interesting to know if the noise comes from the speakers!
    Make sure that by turning off the microphone for these programs you use to stop the noise!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @Spokas >>> this sound doesn't come out of speakers. it's more like cpu>>>

Probably CPU coil whine. Open Control Panel. Search power plan. Edit power plan. Choose advanced settings. Click on CPU power management. Try adjusting/reducing CPU power state. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ