My Predator 15 keeps restarting randomly??

Options
pastensed
pastensed Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
HOW DO I FIX THIS?!?!
I've had the laptop for about two months now and it restarts itself randomly. It happens less often while it is plugged in but it wont run more than 5 minutes if it isn't. I tried the restart battery pin and leaving my fan on high but it continues to happen. Please help!!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • M4rdock
    M4rdock Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    pastensed said:
    HOW DO I FIX THIS?!?!
    I've had the laptop for about two months now and it restarts itself randomly. It happens less often while it is plugged in but it wont run more than 5 minutes if it isn't. I tried the restart battery pin and leaving my fan on high but it continues to happen. Please help!!
    You need to check what programs are you running in the background or if all drivers work properly.
    Virus could be also a culprit or so could be failed windows update.
    There are dozens of potential causes.

I had similar problem on my 9 year old sony laptop - it was problem with one of usb ports, disabling it fixed it (until i replaced faulty port).