Helios 300 PH315-51 RAM specs

sirgyula
sirgyula Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi there!
I'm buying a Helios 300 PH315-51 NH.Q3HEU.018 laptop, and planning on upgrading the RAM from 8 to 16 gigs. Exactly what kind of memory does it have? 2400 or 2666 MHz, CLx? Maybe manufacturer too, if possible. I've found conflicting info about the speeds on the web. :anguished:

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Hello,
    The memory frequency is 2666MHz because the processor supports only DDR4 2666MHz:

Here is the official data sheet: Link. The memory brands should be Kingston, Hynix or Micron (Crucial).
    France
  • According to the service guide, the ram specification is this:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • On cas latency, use aida64 and check the latency of your current memory!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, What you have heard about RAM is correct. The RAM speed ranges between 2400M hz to 2666 Mhz. What is mentioned in the specs is range of speed. Below is the detailed RAM specs, which will help you in upgrading. 

Memory controller --------------------------- Intel Coffee Lake-H
    DIMM socket number ------------------------- 2 
    Supports memory size per socket  --------- 4GB/8GB/16GB
    Supports maximum memory size Total  ---- 32GB
    Supports DIMM type --------------------------- SODIMM 
    Supports DIMM Speed ------------------------- DDR4 2400/2666 Mhz
    Support DIMM voltage ------------------------- 1.2V 
    Supports DIMM package ----------------------- 260-pin DDR4 SODIMM 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)