can i upgrade my wifi card for g9-793-76kv????

asad814
asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
i am planning to upgrade my wireless card from killer ac 1535 to  Killer Wireless-AC 1550 ....can this laptop handle this card????

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,100 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    asad814 said:
    i have checked it..sometimes the speed is fluctuated...and sometimes i have to reinstall the drivers for stable speed...this is never happened in my ipad.

Hi,
    You could check the speed of the card by going to Control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network connections, right click the WiFi card, click status and check whether you get 866Mbs. As @JackE mentioned 1535 seems better card than 1550 but I can not confirm it as I haven't used the card myself.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Speeds are dependent on customer loads on the ISP. So fluctuation are to be expected at certain times of the day.  My download speeds sometimes drop to half during business hours and weekends due to high customer ISP loading. :/ In the middle of the night, my download speeds sometimes are actually higher than what I pay for. =) I'm sure you will see similar fluctuations in a "side-by-side same-time" comparison of your 1535 and iPad. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• asad814
    then please suggest me a good card bcz 1535 is too slow..thanks
  • JackE
    Please go to this link and check the download/upload speeds https://www.speedtest.net . Then compare them with the top speeds of your ISP's plan. Are the speeds close to what you're paying your ISP for, or are they much lower? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• asad814
    i have checked it..sometimes the speed is fluctuated...and sometimes i have to reinstall the drivers for stable speed...this is never happened in my ipad.
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    asad814 said:

Hi,
    You could check the speed of the card by going to Control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network connections, right click the WiFi card, click status and check whether you get 866Mbs. As @JackE mentioned 1535 seems better card than 1550 but I can not confirm it as I haven't used the card myself.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Speeds are dependent on customer loads on the ISP. So fluctuation are to be expected at certain times of the day.  My download speeds sometimes drop to half during business hours and weekends due to high customer ISP loading. :/ In the middle of the night, my download speeds sometimes are actually higher than what I pay for. =) I'm sure you will see similar fluctuations in a "side-by-side same-time" comparison of your 1535 and iPad. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• asad814
    thanks JackE and brummyfan2  for response....so what you are suggesting that dont upgrade the card...ok i will check the speeds again and will post the results and i hope that what you said is true....thanks :)
  • brummyfan2
    asad814 said:
    thanks JackE and brummyfan2  for response....so what you are suggesting that dont upgrade the card...ok i will check the speeds again and will post the results and i hope that what you said is true....thanks :)
    You are welcome, yes, you can improve the speed by switching to different DNS address, switching to different Preferred band etc.  
  • asad814
    sure i will definitely do that..thanks again
  • asad814
    edited September 2018
    brummyfan2 
    so i have checked the speed the signals are dropping everytime i download big files....so i m planning to upgrade to intel 8265NGW or 9260NGW card....will the card work on this machine????
  • JackE
    @asad814 So why do you think the new card will be any better than the old card for this particular issue? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ