My game is not using dedicated Radeon gpu

Pulkittyagi
Pulkittyagi Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Today I got delivery of my new nitro 5 with ryzen and Radeon gpu now when I tried some simulations the fps is very low when I investigated I came to know my application (same issue with game)is using integrated gpu not dedicated one please help me to make application use dedicated gpu.
Thanks 

Best Answer

• Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Go into your Radeon Settings application and find the game you are playing, then set it to "High Performance".
    Just as the post above says :)

Answers

• Put the high performance power plan in the power options and update the video card driver!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Today I got delivery of my new nitro 5 with ryzen and Radeon gpu now when I tried some simulations the fps is very low when I investigated I came to know my application (same issue with game)is using integrated gpu not dedicated one please help me to make application use dedicated gpu.
    Thanks 
    Hi Pulkittyagi,
                         Try right clicking on any empty space on your desktop and Select AMD Radeon Settings. Once that opens up click on System, then Switchable Graphics. From this selection you will now see Recent Applications, Current Applications and Search. If the application or game is not listed under Recent, try running it and checking under Current Applications. Once you do find it, click on it and select High Performance then close the Radeon settings and exit your program. Restart app or game now and check your fps. Let us know how it goes.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Go into your Radeon Settings application and find the game you are playing, then set it to "High Performance".
    Just as the post above says :)
  • Pulkittyagi
    Pulkittyagi Member Posts: 4 New User
    dclanz said:
    Thanks 
    Hi Pulkittyagi,
                         Try right clicking on any empty space on your desktop and Select AMD Radeon Settings. Once that opens up click on System, then Switchable Graphics. From this selection you will now see Recent Applications, Current Applications and Search. If the application or game is not listed under Recent, try running it and checking under Current Applications. Once you do find it, click on it and select High Performance then close the Radeon settings and exit your program. Restart app or game now and check your fps. Let us know how it goes.
    Thanks a lot sir 
    You save my life😊that worded flawlessly 
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    dclanz said:
    Thanks 
    Hi Pulkittyagi,
    Thanks a lot sir 
    You save my life😊that worded flawlessly 
    I'm glad it worked out for you :)
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.