Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

acer predator helios 300 overheating

HantrHantr Posts: 5Member

Tinkerer

soo i have  this laptop for more than 6 months now  and lately I have been experiencing high temps  so i decided to buy a cooling pad (MasterNotepal)  i was happy with it for few weeks but now my temps are still high cpu 91 degrees and gpu like 94 max   i'd love to stream some games but when trying to stream or sometimes even when im playing fortnite  laptop just overheats and i just have 30 fps when playing game like fortnite and thats really not playable  any tips to make laptop cooler while gaming ? 

Best Answers

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 957 Pioneer
    Accepted Answer
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• christy1christy1 Posts: 574
    Accepted Answer
    1. Restart the computer and wait for the first Power-On Self-Test startup screen to appear. Press the button indicated onscreen to enter the BIOS. The button will usually be "Del," "Esc," "F12" or "F10" but will vary by motherboard manufacturer.
    2. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll through the BIOS menu to the "Monitor," "Status" or other similarly named submenu (this will also vary slightly by manufacturer). Select the "Fan Speed Control" option from the submenu to open the fan controls.a
    3. Scroll down to the "Fan Speed Control" section of the page. This section contains the RPM settings for the computer fans. Select the fan you would like to turn up and press "Enter." Choose the desired speed from the list (for example: "400 RPM" or "500 RPM") and press "Enter" again to save the setting. Note that the motherboard's PWM controller will not allow you to turn it up past the fan's rated speed.
    4. Repeat the previous step for all the fans you would like to increase the speed for. When done, press the "Esc" button repeatedly until you are presented with the "Exit" menu. Select the "Save Changes and Reset" option to confirm the fan speed changes; your computer will now 
    Hit Accept if its Helpful.   B)

FAQ & Answers

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 957ACE Pioneer
    Accepted Answer
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• christy1christy1 Posts: 574Ally
    Accepted Answer
    1. Restart the computer and wait for the first Power-On Self-Test startup screen to appear. Press the button indicated onscreen to enter the BIOS. The button will usually be "Del," "Esc," "F12" or "F10" but will vary by motherboard manufacturer.
    2. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll through the BIOS menu to the "Monitor," "Status" or other similarly named submenu (this will also vary slightly by manufacturer). Select the "Fan Speed Control" option from the submenu to open the fan controls.a
    3. Scroll down to the "Fan Speed Control" section of the page. This section contains the RPM settings for the computer fans. Select the fan you would like to turn up and press "Enter." Choose the desired speed from the list (for example: "400 RPM" or "500 RPM") and press "Enter" again to save the setting. Note that the motherboard's PWM controller will not allow you to turn it up past the fan's rated speed.
    4. Repeat the previous step for all the fans you would like to increase the speed for. When done, press the "Esc" button repeatedly until you are presented with the "Exit" menu. Select the "Save Changes and Reset" option to confirm the fan speed changes; your computer will now 
    Hit Accept if its Helpful.   B)