My Acer Chromebook R 11 CB5-132T only has 1.5 GB available?

Options
Squidney
Squidney Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So after trying almost everything I could find, I still cannot get this fixed. I reset this thing who knows how many times. I remember this Chromebook having more than 1.5 GB in it. Unless I'm just stupid. But I reset it (powerwash) at least 4 times trying to figure this out. I can't even install 1 app on the play store (Microsoft word for example) or it breaks the entire thing and puts it in a loop of not responding errors. I do remember installing Linux on this a while ago before I stopped using it (GalliumOS I think?). BUT when I read the wiki, power washing it should have removed it?
I have been trying to figure this out since yesterday, I'm honestly about to give up and just trash it cause I can't even use it. Unless someone else had the same issue before or knows how to fix this, it would be super appreciated if this can be resolved as soon as possible so I can go to bed. And yes I checked to see if something else was sucking up the storage, but no. The only thing taking up space is browser history with only 59.7 MB everything else says 0. I don't have any apps or software on here as of now? I just reset this again so I shouldn't have anything on it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try cleaning it this way. Press & hold power button for 5-10 seconds to cut all power. Turn it back on. At the login screen, press CTRL SHIFT ALT and R keys. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Squidney
    Options
    JackE said:
    Try cleaning it this way. Press & hold power button for 5-10 seconds to cut all power. Turn it back on. At the login screen, press CTRL SHIFT ALT and R keys. Jack E/NJ

Sadly it still did not work. I honestly have no clue on what to do. 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi,

Try to reset the chrome browser. follow the below steps.
    1. Click the icon that looks like three stacked lines at the top right of the browser window.
    2. Click on 'Show advanced settings' at the bottom of the Web page.
    3. Select 'Reset browser settings' at the bottom of the page.

Image result for how to reset the chrome browser

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Squidney
    Options
    christy1 said:
    Hi,

Try to reset the chrome browser. follow the below steps.
    1. Click the icon that looks like three stacked lines at the top right of the browser window.
    2. Click on 'Show advanced settings' at the bottom of the Web page.
    3. Select 'Reset browser settings' at the bottom of the page.

I don't see a setting to reset settings. I tried clearing the browser history if that's what you meant. But that didn't work either.
  • Squidney
    Options
    I don't even have 3 stacked lines. I got 3 stacked dots? Not sure if that affects anything.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi, 

Free up space on your Chromebook

If your Chromebook is running low on disk space, we recommend deleting files you don't need anymore.

Check how much storage is being used

1. Click your account photo.
    2. Click Settings Settings.
    3. In the "Device" section, click Storage management.

Here, you’ll see how much storage space is left on your device, and how much space is being used by:

Errors you’ll see when you’re running out of space

If you're almost out of disk space, a message will show that says, "Device is low on space: Free up space or select data may be automatically deleted."

You might also have problems with:

• Downloading files
    • Loading webpages
    • Changing or saving settings, like passwords
    • Adding new user accounts to your Chromebook
    • Using Android apps

Free up storage space

If your Chromebook is slow or running out of disk space, try the following fixes to free up space:

Remember, if your Chromebook runs low on space, it might automatically delete your downloaded files, browsing data, cache, or unused accounts.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Squidney If none of the above suggestions fix the issue,  Is your chromebook still within the warranty period? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Squidney said:
    I don't even have 3 stacked lines. I got 3 stacked dots? Not sure if that affects anything.
    hi, you have settings even on the 3dots when you click it.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)