when I turn on my brand new ACER GX-781 all I get is a siren

todie
todie Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives
when I turn my machine on for the first time the fans start up but nothing else other than a siron sound from inside the machine, any ideas? is this DOA?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    hi @todie

Please try the steps below and check:

> Unplug all the cables from the unit 
    > Press and hold the power button for 30-40 sec ( Without power cable )
    > Connect the power cable and HDMI or DP to the monitor and check 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • What's the buzzer like? 2 short beeps; 1 short beep and another long?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • todie
    What's the buzzer like? 2 short beeps; 1 short beep and another long?

constant, just keeps sounding as long as I leave the machine running. nothing else happens other than the fans turning.
  • todie
    Rudy21 said:
    hi @todie

Please try the steps below and check:

> Unplug all the cables from the unit 
    > Press and hold the power button for 30-40 sec ( Without power cable )
    > Connect the power cable and HDMI or DP to the monitor and check 
    Hi Rudy21, thanks for the input but no solution yet. It still makes the sound. I think I have a dead machine
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi @todie

Have you tested the device with any other monitor. If yes and still facing the problem them i would say its a DOA.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • @todieAccording to its description, this beep seems to be a problem in ram memory as the service guide says:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • You should either clean ram or test in another slot!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer