ACER VX15 KEYBOARD IS NOT FUNCTIONING WELL!

samxluna
samxluna Member Posts: 24

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
SO I TURNED OFF MY COMPUTER BECAUSE THE KEYBOARD WAS ACTING WEIRD. I PRESSED THE POWER BUTTON BUT IT DOESNT WORK SO I TURN OFF IT AT THE START.... WHEN I TRIED TO TURN IT BACK ON IT WON'T FREAKING OPEN! HELP ME PLEASE I'M ENTERING COLLEGE AND I NEED THIS ..!!! ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS OR HOW TO RESEAT THE KEYBOARD CABLE ON THE LAPTOP? I HAVE TRIED TO RESET THE BATTERY BUT IT DOESNT WORK EITHER!!!!!!!!

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It would be good to trigger the warranty in this case!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Look! I think this may be a problem with the hardware! However before condemning any part, I recommend you take it to an acer service center if you are still under warranty! As you have opened the notebook, if you have placed the back covers, there may be no problem with the warranty! However, if you have placed any extra hardware, it should be removed if it is sent for repair!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• The problem is that to check anything on this model, you have to remove the lower case, which may remove the warranty!
    The black cable is the keyboard the other are the battery! Remove them and put them back and test! I recommend you take it as a guarantee, because if you open and damage the notebook, you will lose the warranty!
    Enjoy and replace the slot memory!
    1.png 248.6K
    4.png 202.8K
    3.png 243.1K
    6.png 238.2K
    2.png 226.4K
    5.png 300K
    7.png 598.7K

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I recommend you trigger the warranty! However, try pressing the lower case screws, because when one of these screws gets loose, it is possible that the reset button on the battery is not pressing enough, which prevents the notebook from turning on!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samxluna

Tinkerer

I recommend you trigger the warranty! However, try pressing the lower case screws, because when one of these screws gets loose, it is possible that the reset button on the battery is not pressing enough, which prevents the notebook from turning on!
    my warranty is now gonebecause i upgraded my ram and the one screw is missing... really thanks for the help i appreciate it so much.. i will update you asap!
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2018
    Did you upgrade ram before you experienced the problem? If so, maybe the memory is in trouble and so the notebook is not working!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samxluna

Tinkerer

can a bad or broken memory be a cause of a keyboard problem? or something like that?
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2018
    No! But it may prevent the notebook from turning on properly! Did you install this memory before the notebook presented the problems? Maybe you left something unplugged when you went to install the memory! Make sure the keyboard cable is properly seated! On the screw, make sure it's putting the notebook on!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samxluna

Tinkerer

everything was fine i even played with it.... maybe the reason is the overheating ??? because i played too much of games lately and i noticed it is hot. then one time i played the keyboard got weird the power button wont work and now it wont turn on
  • Overheating can cause this type of problem! However I would like to know if you installed some new hardware in the notebook before presenting the problem! Did you add more ram memory? Changed the HD? Did you make any changes to the hardware before manifesting the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samxluna

Tinkerer

yes i did the ram bout few months ago i  gues
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2018
    You remember the specs of this ram!
    Make sure to put the ram memory that came with the notebook the problem remains!
    It is possible that the battery reset button is not being pressed enough to allow the notebook to turn on!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samxluna

Tinkerer

i have tried this and even pressed it hard for a long time but still it wont work :( 
  • Try disconnecting and connecting the battery again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samxluna

Tinkerer

do i have to pull it out? or how can i im too scareddd
  • Try to disconnect it carefully so as not to break the connector and turn on the notebook to see if it shows! If it does not, plug it back in and try it!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samxluna

Tinkerer

tried it no luck :(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    It would be good to trigger the warranty in this case!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• You can try the following: unplug the battery and press the power button for thirty seconds to eliminate all static power from the computer! Make sure that you unplug the keyboard and reconnect it, it works again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• samxluna

Tinkerer

You can try the following: unplug the battery and press the power button for thirty seconds to eliminate all static power from the computer! Make sure that you unplug the keyboard and reconnect it, it works again!
    i tried it and doestn work so i conclude tha it is a hardware problem? with the keyboard?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Look! I think this may be a problem with the hardware! However before condemning any part, I recommend you take it to an acer service center if you are still under warranty! As you have opened the notebook, if you have placed the back covers, there may be no problem with the warranty! However, if you have placed any extra hardware, it should be removed if it is sent for repair!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer