Upgrading from 970 to 1070.

Shashlik
Shashlik Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
I want to upgrade my GPU from Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 to MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING 8G. The video card will fit in the box, but I think that some of the cables need to be longer. 
First question: Which cables do I need to change with longer ones?
Second question: Will my CPU bottleneck the GPU (My CPU is Intel Core i7 6700K)?

Answers

• What is exact model of notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You may have to be creative with the cable routing but I can't think of what might be short. Which ones do you see as a potential problem? The CPU shouldn't be a bottleneck, though the memory bus might be your slowest bit. Most of the heavy lifting is going to be on the GPU. Check power specs, without knowing which base system you're running on we can't tell what size your supply is and often upgrading a GPU requires more oomph.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.