Iconia One 10 B3-A40 Stock ROM

knopper84
knopper84 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

hello,

just got this tablet from a friend with camera not properly working. Tried to root it but the problem didn’t go away. So i red that these tablet, Mediathek based, could be fully restored to stock with sp SP Flash tool (https://spflashtool.com ). This Flash tool is similar to Samsung Odin and so on....

Now i found the firmware file here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7251?b=1 which is a zip file but includes a file named  "scatter.txt", which is usually required for flashing with SP Flash Tool.
So my question, can i flash the tablet with the files included there, or is there another Stock-Image, which normally only Acer support holds? 
So maybe if someone has it, could you provide a link?

i know i can also restore it via recovery, but this isn't full stock reset, only SP Flash tool can do it. 

kind regards thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    only Acer support has the scatter file to flash via SPflashtool.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • knopper84

hm ok, and it guess they will not provide this scatter files and firmwares or?
    Because i saw some download-links for other tablets here.
    So where do they come from?

• IronFly
    yep, they don't provide that files.
    about some download links, in the past some files were leaked.
  • knopper84
    edited August 2018

hm ok.
    that surprises me, because Samsung also provides its full firmware files, that can be flashed with Odin so that the device will be resetted fully to stock.
    But ok every manufacture handles it a bit different...

• IronFly
    edited August 2018
    Odin is an official Samsung too, SPflash is a Mediatek proprietary software and cannot be re-distribiuted to single users...
  • MegaData
    MegaData Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, and thanks for your answers, I have a Tablet Acer inoca one 10 B3-A40, and I reset it, but when I want to enter the gmail account, it's asking me to enter, e-mail recovery, but I forget it, so anyone can give me the firmware for Acer inoca one 10 B3-A40, or help me to solve this problem, I will tankful. thanks