Predator G9-593 touchpad problems with 2 finger scrolling gesture

Options
swenak
swenak Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I have problems with 2 finger scrolling gesture on G9-593 on Windows 10. When I try to swroll down, or up, often page go home, or end, or scroll more, that is normal. Some other friends have same problem. Where is problem? Thanks.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try resetting the Touchpad, go to Settings, click Devices, click Touchpad in the left pane and click Reset in the right pane to set it to default settings.

• swenak

Tinkerer

Options
    This I try before, I try disabling other gestures, only use 2 fingers scroll and 2 fingers tap to right mouse button, but same.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    swenak said:
    This I try before, I try disabling other gestures, only use 2 fingers scroll and 2 fingers tap to right mouse button, but same.
    Go to bios. Set touchpad to "basic". Boot up windows. Shut down. Go to bios again. Set touchpad to "advanced". Boot up windows. See if this helps with your touchpad.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • swenak

Tinkerer

Options
    This was tested before too, without change. It seems, that touchpad hve wrong recognition of multitouch, because whe I have still fingers on touchpad  on moving, sometimes it move page, sometimes cursor. Same, when I use 3 fingers.
  • SlyFox
    SlyFox Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Same thing here. Brand new G9-593. The touchpad works fine, only the scrolling is unsuable. It's just non-sense. I tried EVERYTHING, and I mean everything I could to fix it. Give us a proper driver or I'll be forced to return this laptop. I didn't buy one to use an USB mouse. This is unacceptable for a machine at this price. My 4 years old $500's touchpad is perfect. 
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    See if the below option works for you:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/590768

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • SlyFox
    Options
    sri369 said:
    See if the below option works for you:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/590768

Thank you for you answer, sri369. I followed your instructions and was able to install it, however the performances, while better, were not as good was I want them to be. I ended up installing the generic Synaptics driver for Windows 10 (which is my OS): Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64__Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUI_PS2_SMbus.zip and forced installed it using Device Manager. It's still not perfect but I guess it's the best I will be able to get for this computer... Note that I had to set the Touchpad to Basic under the BIOS settings, as described in your post, in order to be able to use this driver (which is a PS/2 driver and not I2C, which is the kind of driver you need when the Touchpad is set to Advanced in BIOS).

For those willing to try the same generic Synaptics driver but in Advanced mode, the name of the driver you need is 
    Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64_Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUIHID_I2C.zip a quick Google search will allow you to find it easily. I did not try it myself, though.

I hope this helps other people as well.  
  • swenak

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks, I have now isntalled that V19 and will testing it.
  • SlyFox
    Options
    Let us know how it went for you, and which driver you used (PS/2 of I2C)
  • swenak

Tinkerer

Options
    It seems, that it is better, but touchpad have still problem. Main diference is, that if touchad not recognize, that I use 2 fingers (it seems, that this is that problem), page is not moved, only cursor is moved. So, before, page in Firefox, Word, or so, skiped "somewhere", now skiping only cursor "somewhere".
    I now use driver with "forced" in name, sorry, I don't remember whole name, but it is only one from that 3 drivers in package.

• SlyFox
    Options
    It's not perfect for me either, but it's the best I could find... This is very disappointing coming from Acer to not release properly updated and functionnal drivers! All of the other brands I checked have updated drivers. I contacted Acer support on this, and awaiting their reply. 
  • swenak

Tinkerer

Options
    Its not only one problem on this Notebook :-( I hate other problems, but it is for other theme :-)