There was a problem resetting your pc on aspire 7 a715-71g-57ay

Options
Catherinetldo
Catherinetldo Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited December 2022 in Windows 10
Why can’t i reset my new acer aspire 7 a715-71g-57ay i want to reset it cause the audio and internet connection is not working

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    try to reset it pressing Alt+F10 keys at boot.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Adaqin
    Adaqin Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    Hi, I happened to read an article about there was a problem resetting your PC, you can follow the methods in this article and get it fixed.
  • Adaqin
    Adaqin Member Posts: 7 New User
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Don't forget to make a backup after fixing this issue.
  • AnakoAlbert
    AnakoAlbert Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    when your acer laptop has the resetting your PC blue screen and remind your that there was a problem resetting your PC, you can follow these ways to do it:

1. Hard shut down the computer and restart it until you enter the login screen, then right-click the start button, choose Restart + Shift to enter the advanced options to enter the command prompt. Then you can try the following command:

cd %windir%\system32\config

ren system system.001

ren software software.001

If this cannot help, you can do the second steps.

2. After you enter the system, you should run the System File Checker and DISM command. This will help you to fix the system bugs and restart your computer automatically.

3. Of course, if you have a media creation tool, you can use it to reset your PC again.

And here is the tutorials with pictures: https://windows10skill.com/solved-there-was-a-problem-resetting-your-pc-on-windows-10/

Wish this can help.

• Jsbrood05
    Jsbrood05 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have an acer all in one desk top and just upgraded to an acer laptop. Trying to reset to factory settings on my desktop so I can re home it. Not having a lot of luck. I followed all the instructions online and it has removed enough of my information to not let me back in with my pin number but still showing my name and not ready for new owner. I don't know what to do now. Please help.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Rather than camping out on an old thread (this one is over 4 years old), use the Ask a Question button to start a new thread. Include your full model number (it's usually on the same sticker as your serial number), what you are trying to do and what you have tried so far. Depending on the age of your AIO it might or might not still have the factory image on the drive, which is where the Alt-F10 stuff comes into play. You might need to do a Windows reinstall from scratch to get it fully cleaned up and ready for a new owner.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.