Kepard
Kepard Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone! I have recently bought a new laptop - Acer Predator Helios 300 
- GTX 1060 6gb
- i5 7200HQ
-8 RAM
- 128SSD + 1 TB HDD

When i play CS:GO for example i get about 250 fps but my game feels really laggy and not smooth at all! And it happens in every game i play. I tried watching 60fps videos on YouTube and they feel very very smooth compared to games. 
I have a PC with ryzen 5 and gtx 960 2gb and games i play on it are very smooth and i feel that i have high fps.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!! THERE IS NO VIDEOS I FOUND THAT HELPED ME!!!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If this issue also happens with similar games from other developers, and you've exhausted all the available settings in nVidia control panel, you should try a full factory re-set using the ALT+F10 coldboot method as shown in the video below. If the issue remains after a reset, then return the system as having defective graphics to the vendor for an exchange or refund. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    (1) Are Control Panel power options set to high performance? (2) Do you have it plugged in with the laggy game? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Kepard said:
    - GTX 1060 6gb
    - i5 7200HQ
    -8 RAM
    - 128SSD + 1 TB HDD

When i play CS:GO for example i get about 250 fps but my game feels really laggy and not smooth at all! And it happens in every game i play. I tried watching 60fps videos on YouTube and they feel very very smooth compared to games. 
    I have a PC with ryzen 5 and gtx 960 2gb and games i play on it are very smooth and i feel that i have high fps.

Why do you need 250 FPS? I mean, really? Does the monitor you are playing on support that kind of refresh rate? Limit to 60 FPS (most monitors/screens standard refresh rate), or to the max that your laptop screen/monitor supports. And turn on vsync. That should help to a good extent.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Kepard
    edited July 2018
    sri369 said:
    Kepard said:
    - GTX 1060 6gb
    - i5 7200HQ
    -8 RAM
    - 128SSD + 1 TB HDD

Why do you need 250 FPS? I mean, really? Does the monitor you are playing on support that kind of refresh rate? Limit to 60 FPS (most monitors/screens standard refresh rate), or to the max that your laptop screen/monitor supports. And turn on vsync. That should help to a good extent.

I already locked games to 60fps. But the problem is when i dont turn camera my game is good and high fps, and when i start turning camera my fps drops and the game feel laggy and bad. When i watch gameplay of the game on youtube in 60fps it feels very smooth but when i play with 120 or more fps it feels very laggy and not smooth at all. And also i cant play with VSync in games i playing (Fortnite,CS:GO,Overwatch) because the mouse in game has a slight delay and its hard to aim with that.

• sri369
    Kepard said:

i already locked games to 60fps. But the problem is when i dont turn camera my game is good and high fps, and when i start turning camera my fps drops and the game feel laggy and bad. When i watch gameplay of the game on youtube in 60fps it feels very smooth but when i play with 120 or more fps it feels very laggy and not smooth at all. And also i cant play with VSync in games i playing (Fortnite,CS:GO,Overwatch) because the mouse in game has a slight delay and its hard to aim with that.
    Camera? Are you streaming, like on twitch?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Kepard
    sri369 said:
    Kepard said:

i already locked games to 60fps. But the problem is when i dont turn camera my game is good and high fps, and when i start turning camera my fps drops and the game feel laggy and bad. When i watch gameplay of the game on youtube in 60fps it feels very smooth but when i play with 120 or more fps it feels very laggy and not smooth at all. And also i cant play with VSync in games i playing (Fortnite,CS:GO,Overwatch) because the mouse in game has a slight delay and its hard to aim with that.
    No! The camera ingame. Like when i turn my mouse my character turns 
  • sri369
    Kepard said:
    No! The camera ingame. Like when i turn my mouse my character turns 
    I am thinking this is more related to game tuning n such.
    Do you have GE Experience installed? If yes, try disabling its overlay, or just uninstalling it altogether. It is not really needed; you can tune the games you want yourself. Not all laptops are same for games to be tuned with some standard settings (this is what GE Experience pretty much does).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Kepard
    edited July 2018
    sri369 said:
    Kepard said:

What i mean that is im having 120+ fps ingame but it lags. And also i have a PC with Ryzen 5 and GTX 960 2gb with 60hz monitor and when i play the same game on that PC i doesnt lag and its actually 120fps and the game feels smooth and nice! 
  • Kepard
    Kepard said:
    sri369 said:
    Kepard said:

What i mean that is im having 120+ fps ingame but it lags. And also i have a PC with Ryzen 5 and GTX 960 2gb with 60hz monitor and when i play the same game on that PC i doesnt lag and its actually 120fps and the game feels smooth and nice! 
    P.S. My laptop is brand new and i bought it 4 days ago
  • sri369
    Kepard said:
    Let us do some basic troubleshooting here... gather some patience and lets get started.
    1. Go to power settings, and disable "fast startup".

2. Shut down, wait a minute, and turn it back on, give it a couple minutes to settle down. Open task manager, and post its screenshot here.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • JackE
    (1) Are Control Panel power options set to high performance? (2) Do you have it plugged in with the laggy game? Jack E/NJ
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/587964/#Comment_587964

Jack E/NJ

• Kepard
    JackE said:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/587964/#Comment_587964

Yes, its set to high performance, but what is Jack E/NJ ?  
    P.S. I have tested my laptop in Fortnite, Overwatch and CSGO

• JackE
    >>>but what is Jack E/NJ ? >>>

Jack E/NJ is me. I live in NJ USA. Just like Kepard who lives in Moscow. =)  Do you have your machine plugged in with the laggy games? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kepard
    edited July 2018
    JackE said:
    >>>but what is Jack E/NJ ? >>>

Jack E/NJ is me. I live in NJ USA. Just like Kepard who lives in Moscow. =)  Do you have your machine plugged in with the laggy games? Jack E/NJ

Oh 😁. And yeah, my Laptop is always plugged in when i play games.

• Kepard
    sri369 said:
    Kepard said:
    Let us do some basic troubleshooting here... gather some patience and lets get started.
    1. Go to power settings, and disable "fast startup".

2. Shut down, wait a minute, and turn it back on, give it a couple minutes to settle down. Open task manager, and post its screenshot here.

My pc is in Russian so i translated some info in following screenshot =)

• sri369
    Kepard said:
    My pc is in Russian so i translated some info in following screenshot =)

Thank you @Kepard for the translation.

Now that your PC is all settled down, open windows services, and disable both search and prefetch/superfetch services... search is optional and needed only if you search very frequently. On a typical home/gaming laptop, you won't need this service.
    Then go to PC Settings --> Apps & features, and remove any windows store apps that you don't use. Keep the camera and calculator apps though.

In the below screenshot are the apps that are left on my system after I uninstalled these unnecessary to me.
    Note: Ignore the cortana; both cortana and search are disabled on my system, and that app takes me to windows search.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • JackE
    >>>I tried watching 60fps videos on YouTube and they feel very very smooth compared to games. >>>What i mean that is im having 120+ fps ingame but it lags. And also i have a PC with Ryzen 5 and GTX 960 2gb with 60hz monitor and when i play the same game on that PC i doesnt lag and its actually 120fps and the game feels smooth and nice! >>>But the problem is when i dont turn camera my game is good and high fps, and when i start turning camera my fps drops and the game feel laggy and bad. >>>

[1] So what happens with the very same 60Hz monitor on this laptop? [2] And why does the camera have to be on with this game? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sri369
    JackE said:
    [1] So what happens with the very same 60Hz monitor on this laptop? [2] And why does the camera have to be on with this game? Jack E/NJ
    @JackE By camera he means in game movement of the game char.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Kepard
    JackE said:
    >>>I tried watching 60fps videos on YouTube and they feel very very smooth compared to games. >>>What i mean that is im having 120+ fps ingame but it lags. And also i have a PC with Ryzen 5 and GTX 960 2gb with 60hz monitor and when i play the same game on that PC i doesnt lag and its actually 120fps and the game feels smooth and nice! >>>But the problem is when i dont turn camera my game is good and high fps, and when i start turning camera my fps drops and the game feel laggy and bad. >>>

The same game is lagging on that laptop

• JackE
    >>>(1) Are Control Panel power options set to high performance?>>>>Yes, its set to high performance>>>

Is this nVidia's or Win10's Control Panel? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kepard
    JackE said:
    >>>(1) Are Control Panel power options set to high performance?>>>>Yes, its set to high performance>>>

Is this nVidia's or Win10's Control Panel? Jack E/NJ
    windows 10