Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Helios 300 thermal throttling

chmohit25chmohit25 Posts: 1Member New User
I bought G3 572 Helios 300 4 months ago and it started acting weird after 3 months of use. When plugged in, it started beeping intermittently. The beeps were for charging and then not charging. Initially I thought that the issue is with the adapter and took it to service center. The guy told me that there was some issue with BIOS (he updated it to v1.13) and cleaned some sensor inside the laptop. The issue went away and returned back today. This time I ran Fortnite on it and this was the first intensive task that I did on my laptop since the last repair. The issue seems to pop up whenever power draw increases. I am able to charge my laptop normally if I put it in sleep mode, turn it off or charge it to 100% and then use it. Running Intel's XTU, I can see that thermal throttling turn on off along with the beeps. When it starts charging, thermal throttling comes on and in turn forces the laptop to stop charging for some reason. Anyone else had the same issue? I can't go to the service center now as I am away from my home town. Any help would be appreciated.

FAQ & Answers