Thermal issue( ph315-51 )

sathishraj051098
sathishraj051098 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My predator lap is getting heared upto 90c while playing high rated games with charger plugged in but while playing without plugging charger it maintains the thermal level at 60-65c, is this a normal thing ??? Or a overheating issue?

Answers

• Skree
    Skree Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    The difference in temps when you are not plugged in versus when you are plugged in is normal. The computer is not operating at max performance when not plugged in, so the temperatures are lower. This, i repeat, is absolutely normal.

The 90s temps are a bit high. Check above, you'll find a topped topic about temps and such, inside you'll find instructions to use throttlestop to undervolt your cpu (it is a safe procedure as long as you follow those instructions).

If you don't want to do anything "advanced", try these:

-Enable V-sync in games
    -Select maximum fps to 60
    -Open nvidia experience and enable whisper mode (this only works when plugged in, but you have high temps when plugged in so... it's ok for you)
    -buy a cooling pad

You'll be ok.
  • sathishraj051098
    sathishraj051098 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Skree said:
    The difference in temps when you are not plugged in versus when you are plugged in is normal. The computer is not operating at max performance when not plugged in, so the temperatures are lower. This, i repeat, is absolutely normal.

The 90s temps are a bit high. Check above, you'll find a topped topic about temps and such, inside you'll find instructions to use throttlestop to undervolt your cpu (it is a safe procedure as long as you follow those instructions).

If you don't want to do anything "advanced", try these:

-Enable V-sync in games
    -Select maximum fps to 60
    -Open nvidia experience and enable whisper mode (this only works when plugged in, but you have high temps when plugged in so... it's ok for you)
    -buy a cooling pad

You'll be ok.
    Thank yu bro