How to disable constantly changing brightness levels? Acer Nitro 5 AN515-31

atonement
atonement Member Posts: 52 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited August 2018 in Nitro Gaming
While browsing in a dim environment I have set brightness to 3%. It works for dark content on but whenever any white matter is encountered the brightness level keeps on rising? Is this similar to CABAC? How do I disable this? Acer Nitro 5 AN515-31 running Windows 10 x64.

Answers

• Disable in acer quick access and also in power options!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • atonement
    Disable in acer quick access and also in power options!
    There is no such option in Acer Quick Access and Adaptive Brightness was already set to off in Advanced Settings under Power Options in Windows. Might this be related to some setting in Intel Graphics settings.
  • See if you have installed the acer power management program! This setting should be there!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Acer power management or epower management!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• atonement
    Acer power management or epower management!
    No to both. Only Acer Quick Access is installed.
  • Hit a photo of acer quick access! This setting is in this program as this site https://br.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33155/~/característica-de-brilho-adaptável
    Busque atualizar os drivers do notebook usando o driverbooster e depois tente isso: Press the Windows + R keys, type regedit confirm with Enter.
    Navigate to the path below:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ services \ SensrSvc
    Double-click Start and change its value to 4.
    Confirm with OK close the record editor and restart the machine for the changes to take effect.
    If it still does not work, uninstall acer quick acess!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Try the following: press windows + r and type regedit! Then go here Computer \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ OEM \ Quick Access and in AdaptiveBrightness put it in 1 and it will enable the option in the program! Then disable it in the program!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I_am_Arya
    I_am_Arya Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

atonement said:
    While browsing in a dim environment I have set brightness to 3%. It works for dark content on but whenever any white matter is encountered the brightness level keeps on rising? Is this similar to CABAC? How do I disable this? Acer Nitro 5 AN515-31 running Windows 10 x64.
    Right click on the desktop and go to intel graphics settings.Go to the power option and disable display power saving technology.
    This worked for me.Try yourself and reply with the result.
  • TrungLun0112
    TrungLun0112 Member Posts: 1 New User

I watch movie and brightness auto dim :(

• Have you looked for this option in the intel graphics command center?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• atonement

I found the answer to my issue a few months ago. It was Bitdefender anti-virus to blame. I had chosen it to not perform any unnecessary scanning etc. when the laptop is unplugged and display brightness was also included in the built-in profiles.