Aspire E5-476G(-50WA) panel upgrade?(E5-E476G-5x74)

Options
dredd
dredd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am looking forward to buy Aspire E5-E476G-50WA that comes with 14" 1366x768 (probably TN) panel.

What I want is 14" FHD (1920x1080) IPS high gamut panel.

Replacement should be easy. Will this laptop work with higher resolution display? Any panel recommendations?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,298 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade to FHD IPS panel, I have compared few panels but you could find several compatible screens, scroll down the page of the second link to find other screens, I have also included a TN panel for comparing the connector position and Mount & Brackets, I would prefer a BOE screen but if you prefer a AUO screen, they are as good as BOE screens. Avoid screens with HTN suffix and go for HAN, if you are looking for BOE screens, avoid screens beginning with NT(TN) and go for NV(IPS).
    http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=31703,26179,26592,18919
    http://www.panelook.com/B140HAN01.1_AUO_14.0_LCM_overview_18919.html
  • dredd
    dredd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Many thanks! Sir, you are awesome.
  • Whozniac
    Whozniac Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi i have a E5-E476G-5x74  Would it also work for me?
    I read in some forums that sometimes the cable problem of the screen can be for a 1-lane screen of 1336 x 768. I have this screen: NT140WHM-N31, and according to the panel, it uses a single-lane connector. The question would be yes.
    Since Full HD displays use two lanes for the connector, can I use the recommended screens without having to change the wire?
    Thanks in advance
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Whozniac said:
    I read in some forums that sometimes the cable problem of the screen can be for a 1-lane screen of 1336 x 768. I have this screen: NT140WHM-N31, and according to the panel, it uses a single-lane connector. The question would be yes.
    Since Full HD displays use two lanes for the connector, can I use the recommended screens without having to change the wire?
    Thanks in advance
    Hi,
    The original poster hasn't come back with the outcome, so I guess it must have worked, you don't need to change the display cable, in most cases the cable is compatible with FHD panel as well.
  • Whozniac
    Whozniac Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Whozniac said:
    Thanks in advance
    Hi,
    The original poster hasn't come back with the outcome, so I guess it must have worked, you don't need to change the display cable, in most cases the cable is compatible with FHD panel as well.
    Thanks for your answer 
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Whozniac said:
    Whozniac said:
    Thanks in advance
    Hi,
    Thanks for your answer 
    You are welcome :)