SF713-51 laptop battery problem? Need advice and also adress for repair if needed

Options
alexdepalex
alexdepalex Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited July 2018 in Swift and Spin Series
My SF713-51 laptop does not power on anymore. I had it a while ago then I did the 'internal battery reset" procedure described here:https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset That worked for a while untill today, it again powered off. So I immediatly tried the internal battery reset again. It again worked but only for 30 minutes then the system shut down again. Now it does not go on anymore also not after an internal battery reset.
Please some advice how to solve.
If it is needed to go to a repair center, I am currently located in Shanghai, China. Can someone provide me an adress for an official acer shop where the repair can be made? Preferably a shop where they speak (a little) English.
Thank you

A beer for good advice :)

Answers

• alexdepalex

Tinkerer

Options
    Some update I tried again to do an internal battery reset. It still does not work. When plugging in the power adapter it effect is that sometimes the "orange" battery charging devices starts lighting on for a very short time, then it goes down. Other times plugging in the power adapter does not result in any light to start burning. 
    It only does sometimes shortly after I do the internal battery reset. 
    Please help /advice.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try reinstalling the driver for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery, go to Device manager, expand batteries, right click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery, go to Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    You shouldn't use the battery reset very often, if the above method doesn't help, please contact Acer Support centre in Shanghai, the telephone number is in the link, scroll down the page.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/itw_location.htm

• alexdepalex

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks brummyfan2, I cannot startup anymore so re-installing I also cannot do.
    I called them in Shanghai but they do not speak English so that is no use. They can only say "hello" 
    I will then try to visit them and just hope they are open later today or tomorrow.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    Thanks brummyfan2, I cannot startup anymore so re-installing I also cannot do.
    I called them in Shanghai but they do not speak English so that is no use. They can only say "hello" 
    I will then try to visit them and just hope they are open later today or tomorrow.

Good luck with your effort.
  • Daniil08
    Daniil08 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    @alexdepalex, hello, I have the same problem,I wanted to find out if you succeeded or not.

waiting for an answer