Aspire VN7-791G and Samsung EVO 970/960/860/850 SSD

Options
xewax
xewax Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I've been reading through the topics here, but I still have a few questions I want to ask.

My laptop:
SNID: 52200010066
Serial number: NXMUQEL006522000646600
Product name: Aspire VN7-791G
Brand: Acer
https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2015/4876/VN7-791G/NX.MUQEL.006.html

It's got a stock HDD which runs at 5400 rpm and I want to upgrade it.
After reading the forums I'm starting to think I won't be able to upgrade it.

So my questions are:

1) Is there a software which tells what interface my laptop has?
PCIe 3.0 x4 or SATA or any other? 

2) What is the best choice for me to buy? I'd love to buy Samsung 970 EVO 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD
(Is it compatible with my laptop?)

3) If yes I am happy, if not, which is compatible with my laptop?
Some one of you posted that this one should work fine https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Sata-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B078WQC2GQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1527953588&sr=8-5&keywords=ssd+m2+sata
but I'd love to get one which is the best/fastest and would work on my laptop.

4) any converters available and useful if there is any?

5) Im interested in these:
AMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 PCIE MZ-V6E250BW
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB M.2 MZ-N6E250BW. 

Thanks for assisting me.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    So it is not compatible with nvme, as it does not have pcie 3.0!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• xewax
    Options
    This is what I have.
    It doesn't say much to me.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    So it is not compatible with nvme, as it does not have pcie 3.0!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xewax
    Options
    And no adapters to connect a faster ssd drive than Evo 860 M.2 ? 
    Does it have to be m.2 or m.2 SATA III? or is it the same thing?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It supports m2 2280 sataIII!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Olek69
    Olek69 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    The disk Samsung V-NAND SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 is compatible with Acer Aspire V17 Nitro, I installed Kubuntu 18.04 on it, with the Security Boot disabled. Here I put the instructions step by step on how I did it https://bloger2blog.wordpress.com/2018/12/28/instalacja-kubuntu-18-04-acer-aspire-v17-nitro-samsung-v-nand-ssd-970-evo-nvme-m-2/  The site is in Polish. You can use the translator :)