Veriton - Issue with Power button, and sometimes the fan, on startup attempts

semarla
semarla Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
When I press and hold the Power button to turn on my desktop computer, I will see the blue light on the button come on, hear the startup beep, and then the computer will do one of three things: 

(1) [~50% of the time] The Acer start up screen will properly display, and I then immediately release the Power button, and the computer goes successfully through it's boot process. I do not hear a fan; OR

(2) [~20% of the time] I will see the button's blue light come on, hear the startup beep, followed by the fan coming on, and the screen will remain dark, i.e., no Acer start up screen is display. At this point I immediately press and hold the Power button again to shut the computer down so I can try again. After shut down, I will unplug the computer from its power source, and then replug it, as I heard somewhere that this might help it to start up properly;  OR

(3) [~30% of the time] I will see the blue power come on, hear the startup beep, and then the computer will immediately automatically shut down.

Essentially I am playing roulette with the power button ever time I have to turn on the computer, as I never know what it will do.  

Ideas?

Answers

• Hello dear @semarla! First tell the notebook model so we can help you!
    However, you can try the following: When you turn on your notebook and start Windows 10, turn off quick power-up in the power options and make sure the problem persists!
    If it persists, try to perform a power reset:
    a) Internal battery: If your notebook has an internal battery, turn it over and find the hole with a battery symbol and then press for 5 seconds! Then leave the notebook off for 5 minutes!
    b) External battery: If you have external battery, disconnect the notebook from the power, remove the battery and press the power button for 30 seconds!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)