acer predator z1 (z271 bmiphz) unresponsive but still produces display properly issues

L3ft4D3ad
L3ft4D3ad Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
SOOO to get the monitor fully working correctly I have to completely reset it my unplugging the power and plugging it back it. HOWEVER its short live the monitor will cut the sound off then be unresponsive to and user input on the monitor menu then the sound wont work. Lately the power light wont even show the normal blue light. Ive tried to "update" drives but not sure if Im doing it correctly. Im running windows 10. Latest nivida drivers and gtx 1080ti. Any advise will be helpful Im just about to give up on the monitor. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    When did you acquire the monitor? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• L3ft4D3ad
    edited August 2018
    Its only like a year old. I bought it last year.
  • JackE
    >>>Ive tried to "update" drives but not sure if Im doing it correctly. Im running windows 10. Latest nivida drivers and gtx 1080ti. >>>

[1] What drivers did you try to update? [2] Where did you get them? [3] Why aren't you sure you installed them correctly/ [4] What is the full model number of your computer? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• L3ft4D3ad
    The only drivers I found off Acer was windows 8. So I went into the windows 10 monitor settings for the monitor and see had it checked for updates which could be wrong. The PC is custom built with a i7-6770k and gtx 1080ti gpu. 
  • JackE
    Could you show the link to the ACER Win8 drivers that you used? Meanwhile, you could try uninstalling the Win8 drivers and re-installing them in Win8 compatibility mode.

Does the custom built PC use an ACER-specific or some other mfrs mainboard? Do you have a mainboard model number?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• L3ft4D3ad
    edited August 2018
    I can try the monitor drivers but I feel the issue lays with the actually in monitor itself,because when its not properly "staying on" the light to indicate that it is on doesnt show when its having this issue, and the under lights doesnt display as well (which could mean they dont work). However this doesnt explain the speakers on the monitor not working as well. 

The mother board is a ASUS Z170-A.

The few times that I get the sound, and the lighting all to function normally is to unplug the monitor's power and hold the menu button down. After the monitor goes to sleep or less then a days use of it working like it should it goes back into its unresponsive comma to where the menu button doesnt even work. The DTS audio setting is off as well.
  • JackE
    >>>The few times that I get the sound, and the lighting all to function normally is to unplug the monitor's power and hold the menu button down. >>>

"Few times". Do you mean this doesn't always work? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• L3ft4D3ad
    That is correct
  • JackE
    >>>The few times that I get the sound, and the lighting all to function normally is to unplug the monitor's power and hold the menu button down. >>>

Was the monitor connected --- or was it not connected --- or was it only sometimes connected --- to a running laptop every time you did this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• L3ft4D3ad
    was not connected to a running laptop as a display issue has never occurred to warrant a laptop connection to rule out GPU issue
  • JackE
    Monitor may need a signal, handshake and/or see activity/inactivity, not to rule in/out a GPU issue but a monitor issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• YoungMetro
    YoungMetro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Was there ever a solution? This is 100% a monitor issue as I've been experiencing the same thing (amongst a slew of other problems)