Is the RAM for Swift 3 SF314-54G-50N9 upgradable?

Options
2»

Answers

• netizen
    netizen Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    netizen said:
    Hi,
    There's a single slot for memory upgrade, you can upgrade with a 8GB DDR4 2133MHz module. These models come with either 4GB or 8GB on-board memory, so it can be upgraded up to maximum 12GB or 16GB total memory.
    is the laptop only support pc17200 or can go to pc19000? thanks in advance?
    Maximum supported by the MB is 2133MHz but 2400MHz module also work, may be downclocked to 2133MHz.
    my co-worker bought the pc19000 but alas its not detected by MB so he returns it, not the case with pc17200 tho. so i was wondering... ram tested with other laptop and it's working fine. thank you, gonna get the pc17200 one, just to be safe.
  • Joshua00
    Joshua00 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    valdron said:
    I have an Acer sg314 54g. Can I expand the RAM to 20 GB? The Acer website says that the maximum amount is 12GB
    Hi,
    If you have 4GB on-board memory, you can install another 4GB or a 8GB module in the available slot, so the maximum becomes 12GB. Please run CPU-z and post all available information of the current setup, run the program and go to Memory tab, SPD tab, post the snip here.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

How to upgrade my ram to 12gb? can I just add an 8gb ram? where should I put it with the 4gb ram?
    Thanks in Advance :)
  • wisnuignasius
    wisnuignasius Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    There's a single slot for memory upgrade, you can upgrade with a 8GB DDR4 2133MHz module. These models come with either 4GB or 8GB on-board memory, so it can be upgraded up to maximum 12GB or 16GB total memory.
    hi I have an acer swift 3 sf314-54G, can I upgrade my hdd into ssd? Thanks
  • presdec
    presdec Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Realize this is an old post. I have the SF314-54-575R, I have just successfully upgraded the machine to a total of 20gb (4gb onboard and a 16gb memory). This works perfectly and has massively upgraded my computer. I can't speak for every model of the swift but my exact model this worked just fine. For anyone else with the same machine the memory I used is the following:

Mushkin 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 Ram MES4S240HF16G

Type: DDR4 SODIMM
    Voltage: 1.2V
    Speed ​​spec: PC4 19200
    Frequency: 2400MHz

Capacity
    Kit Type: module
    Module size: 16 GB

timing
    TCL: 17
    tRCD: 17
    trp: 17
    tras: 39

Cooling technology
    Cooler: No
  • MASTERPASSER
    MASTERPASSER Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    I have just increased my RAM to 20Gb from the installed 8Gb. ( Removed 4Gb stick and replaced with 16 Gb crucial stick)
    Now this laptop rocks !
    A bit disappointed that the RAM frequency remains at 2400 MHz although 2666 MHz installed , but looking at ways to release this locked in limit.
    SF314-41-R3WZ
  • JJohn
    JJohn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    my SF315-51G i3 7th gen 4gb ram can it upgrade ram or does it have any slots left ? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    @JJohn you should start your own thread with your question. This thread is for a different model, so your answer won't help anyone that has your same problem. Include your full model number (SF315-51G-xxxx) and the question and we'll get it answered for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • presdec
    presdec Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Though this might not be relevant anymore, thought it'd be of interest:

specific model : swift sf314-54 n17w7

I've upgraded successfully to 20gb of memory by adding a 16gb ram stick with matching specs to the built in.

I've upgraded the wifi card to the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 non vPro, which made a massive difference to the wifi speed and bluetooth range.

I've upgraded to a samsung m2 256 ssd and a 1tb 2.5"

I've upgraded to windows 11.

While the laptop can't really game, i've had success with these upgrades to run all the ftb modpacks, and even cities skylines at 1080p with low settings and fps boost mods. Simple graphically games like Urbek City Builder, factorio etc work perfectly.

Even now, so many years after buying this little laptop it's still serving me perfectly.

• Fulix
    Fulix Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello,

I have the same exact model.

I am interested in all the upgrades you mentioned, specially the new wifi card and the addition of a hdd.

How did you manage to know which wifi card was compatible with the pc? Is it difficult to replace it?

Regarding the RAM upgrade, don't you lose the double channel with all that much RAM installed?

Hope i do not bother with my questions.

Cheers,

F

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

@Fulix this thread is nearly five years old. You would get better visibility to the community if you started your own thread (use the Ask a Question button). Include yoour full model number (SF314-54G-xxxx), your question and what you have found out so far.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.