need help.. accidentally deleted dvd/cd rom driver on acer aspire E5-471G running win 10..

zhet
zhet Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
please help on how to get it back/or share the drivers for me please.thank you i can't eject the dvd tray anymore

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    zhet 

The DVD drive is a plug and play device, the drivers are automatically installed by windows operating system. If the drivers are deleted , it would be automatically restored when you restart your computer. If your CD or DVD drive is not seen in File Explorer and the device is marked with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager. Use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if the issue is fixed
    Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter control panel in the empty box and click OK.
    In the Search box in Control Panel, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device. 
    If your problem is not solved, try the next method.

>>> To Delete filter driver and reinstall driver
    Click "Start", in the Start Search box type "regedit" and press Enter.
    Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Right click on UpperFilters and select Delete, confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.
    Right click on LowerFilters and select Delete and confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.
    Close Registry Editor.
    Reboot your Computer.

>>>Open Device manager and expand "DVD/CDROM Drives". You might find a exclamation mark too in device manager for your DVD Drive in device manager. Right click the listed DVD/CD-ROM, and click "Uninstall". Please uninstall all devices.
    Restart the computer.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Nanz132
    Nanz132 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Guys..need help my cd rom ba lahat ng uni ng acer aspire e5-471?nabili ko kasi ang item ko 2nd sa laptop shop..at upon checking sa unit ok nmn lahat..pero nakalimotan kong e check ang cd rom.
    Pagdating sa bahay.pag check ko cd rom..ayaw mageject mg cd rom namn gilid..so ayon try ko pm si seller sabi nya wla daw cd rom ang acer aspire e5-471.
    Pero sabi but my para cd rom ra gilid..design lng daw....so.totoo ba tlaga..my wlang cd rom sa unit nato?please nmn po...sana may makatong sa akin..salamt