Nitro AN515-51 shutdown when gaming

SirajBawaqna
SirajBawaqna Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So basically, whenever I run a game, like 10min later of playing that game, the laptop overheats and shuts down.
I had the laptop checked and its hardware is completely fine, and it seems it's something in its software, any ideas?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    SirajBawaqna 
    Can you please download HWiNFO and let it record your component's temperatures, while computer freezes and then post the max and average temperatures of the CPU and GPU?

The laptop has a fail-safe mechanism to shut down the computer when it reaches a certain threshold. As for why it is shutting down when you play a game, 

it uses most of the cpu resources to display graphics and ram so it gets heated up. This also happen due to overclocking the cpu to play high-end games.

Do not play on your laptop for over 3-4 hrs and make sure your laptop is seated on a very nice cooler. Better to sit in Air Conditioned room.
    Some laptops are known to overheat. If your laptop heats beyond a certain point say 95 degrees Celsius its a bad sign.

Some device is designed to use battery while on AC Power when the GPU is enabled. At 30% it will stop using the battery and keep it charged. You may notice a slight decrease in performance while under 30% battery power. 

A laptop cooling pad can help to reduce the operating temperature of a  gaming laptop. These pads are used when a laptop is not able to cool itself  sufficiently. It is intended to not only protect the laptop from  overheating but also to prevent the laptop user from suffering from  discomfort that is related to the use of a laptop. An active cooler will  move air around or a cooled liquid to remove laptop heat quickly.  Passive methods use materials that conduct heat and help to increase a  passive airflow around the laptop. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • SirajBawaqna
    SirajBawaqna Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sharanji said:
    SirajBawaqna 
    Can you please download HWiNFO and let it record your component's temperatures, while computer freezes and then post the max and average temperatures of the CPU and GPU?

The laptop has a fail-safe mechanism to shut down the computer when it reaches a certain threshold. As for why it is shutting down when you play a game, 

it uses most of the cpu resources to display graphics and ram so it gets heated up. This also happen due to overclocking the cpu to play high-end games.

Do not play on your laptop for over 3-4 hrs and make sure your laptop is seated on a very nice cooler. Better to sit in Air Conditioned room.
    Some laptops are known to overheat. If your laptop heats beyond a certain point say 95 degrees Celsius its a bad sign.

Some device is designed to use battery while on AC Power when the GPU is enabled. At 30% it will stop using the battery and keep it charged. You may notice a slight decrease in performance while under 30% battery power. 

A laptop cooling pad can help to reduce the operating temperature of a  gaming laptop. These pads are used when a laptop is not able to cool itself  sufficiently. It is intended to not only protect the laptop from  overheating but also to prevent the laptop user from suffering from  discomfort that is related to the use of a laptop. An active cooler will  move air around or a cooled liquid to remove laptop heat quickly.  Passive methods use materials that conduct heat and help to increase a  passive airflow around the laptop. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Basically, I have the laptop helped with a cooler pad, but the problem is as you previously said, it just shuts down at a certain threshold, but the CPUs and GPUs actually don't heat up that high, this problem showed up recently when I downloaded Windows 10 Home, I used to game on this laptop and it was working perfectly.So now I'm so confused if this problem is somehow connected to something in the software or is it that I'm so unlucky?