Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Laptop charging then stops, then starts charging again AN515=51

baggies666baggies666 Posts: 1Member New User
Hello, my Nitro 5 all of a sudden has started charging for a a while, then it stops and starts again,  I have tried battery reset, upgrade of bios, have spare power unit so tried that already too. Its been going on a couple days now more annoying at night as I loose the keyboard lights till I type again,  is there anything I can try or does it seem a repair is needed.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,801 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand batteries, highlight and right click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery, click Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,801ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand batteries, highlight and right click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery, click Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • pravinasokanpravinasokan Posts: 5Member

Tinkerer

same problem for me ,but uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery didnt work  any other solution ??
  • MakaAikawaMakaAikawa Posts: 4Member New User
    Is there any other solution to this? I have the same problem but when i attempt this way, it doesn't work for me. Please, anyone help.
  • @pravinasokan ;
    @MakaAikawa ;
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while before staring again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • MakaAikawaMakaAikawa Posts: 4Member New User
    I have tried the battery reset as well.
  • I have tried the battery reset as well.
    Hi,
    What's the BIOS version? Is the laptop model same as the original poster? Are you familiar with updating BIOS? if not take it to a repair shop and get help from a technician, you have to take precaution while updating BIOS because it may brick the laptop, so you do it at your own risk.
  • MarkRMarkR Posts: 1Member New User
    Hello, is there a fix to this issue? I have an acer aspire s7-392 that is also doing the same thing. Charges for a few seconds, making the orange battery led stay on, and then stops, making the orange light to disappear. It does it again and again. I already did uninstall the drivers, battery reset, remove battery, change battery to a new one. I’d appreciate any input. Thanks.