Attempting to restore my system with data save. Using Acer eRecovery Management (v8.0.7) Elaps

Options
clinteastwoood
clinteastwoood Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Attempting to restore my system with data save on my desktop.  Using Acer eRecovery Management (v8.0.7) Elapsed time is now over 43 hours and the restore process seems hung up at 99%.  Check marks for all of the following:

1. select restore type
2. check password (though curiously this one is darker then these others listed, but still check mark)
3. notice
4. restore destination
5. restore progress (this is the stage it is currently on)

Elapsed time is now showing as 43:40:00
Restoring System:  100%
Updating System:  99%

My question is, should I let the restore continue?  If there's a chance it will finish, I don't mind leaving the desktop on for another two days.  Surely after 43 hours, though, it must be hung up on something?  Any suggestions or ideas would be helpful.  I have googled and found some other acer customers have run into this 99% completed on the "updating system" but have not found any potential solutions.

Thank you for any help.

Answers

• clinteastwoood
    clinteastwoood Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Oh, and to follow up.  The "clock" is still ticking.  Like, the computer is not "frozen" the restore clock is still ticking away, that is why I have allowed it to go on so long.  And I am using "factory default" discs for my recovery.  I created the discs when I first got the Acer desktop.

I don't know if that helps to possibly get an answer to this.  I can restart the computer if need be, but because the clock was still ticking, I was inclined to wait.

Thanks