why it takes huge time to install a game?? ASPIRE A515-51G-58GJ

Swarnakamal
Swarnakamal Member Posts: 5 New User
edited January 2021 in Nitro Gaming
i have tried to install BATTLEFIELD1 of fitgirl repack version in ACER ASPIRE A515-51G-58GJ ,but it tooks 8hours to install the game??
how to impove this?? my laptop is one week old only

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Thx...To improve computer performance and also to avoid huge time in program installations, I recommend you to Reset Virtual Memory. 

Virtual memory is a combination of RAM and a portion of your hard drive. "When the RAM isn't enough to perform a task, Windows will temporarily store files in virtual memory, then swap them back to RAM when required."

Steps to reset virtual memory:

Step 1. Press Windows key + Pause/ Break key at the same time. Then choose Advanced System Settings on the left panel.

open the interface and choose advanced system setting

Step 2. Go to the Advanced tab, then click Settings. 

click settings in the advaced tab

Step 3. Go to the Advanced tab again, and choose Change in the Virtual memory section. 

choose virtual memory section

Step 4.  Make sure that the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box is NOT ticked. 

manage file size to solve 100 percent usage

Step 5. Select your windows drive (the hard drive or partition that has Windows installed on it – usually C:), and enter an Initial size and Maximum size for your virtual memory:

select c drive and change the memosy size

• Initial size: This value varies, depending on your computer. If you're not sure what value to use, just enter whatever the number is in the Recommended category. 
    • Maximum size: Don't set this value too high. It should be about 1.5 times the size of your physical RAM. e.g. A PC with 4 GB (4096 MB) of RAM should have no more than about 6,144 MB virtual memory (4096 MB x 1.5).

Once you've entered your virtual memory values, click Set, then click OK and reboot your computer. Later check performance and that should be improved much better. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Hi Swarnakamal, I would like to know the source of installation for the game? Was it directly downloaded from actual game developer website or ***** and installed to the computer? Or using CD/DVD? Also plz share the speed of your Internet...

• Swarnakamal
    edited July 2018
    it was previously downloaded in my external HDD from their i copied the game and installed
  • Make sure the disk is at 100% in the task manager!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Balatekie
    If I am not wrong, you copied the game Setup installation file to the new Acer computer HDD and then installed the game by clicking the setup file. Am I right? Also please let me know the actual size of the game. 

• Swarnakamal
    YES, you are right. The actual size of the game is near about 30.5 gb after installing and 25 gb before installing.
  • Even if the game installation is large (25gb), it is not normal to take 8 hours to install! Even more on a notebook with these settings! Make sure the disk is at 100% in the task manager!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Balatekie
    Thank you Swarnakamal for all shared info. Yes 25Gb game shouldn't take 8hrs to install. Apart from this game installation, I request you to please share your computer performance.

• Swarnakamal
    edited July 2018
    Computer performance is alright.The processor speed is 1.60ghz to 1.80ghz.
    It has I5 8GEN
    8gb Ram
    Mx 150 graphics
  • Is your computer slow when starting windows? Did you check if the disk is at 100% in the task manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Thx...To improve computer performance and also to avoid huge time in program installations, I recommend you to Reset Virtual Memory. 

Virtual memory is a combination of RAM and a portion of your hard drive. "When the RAM isn't enough to perform a task, Windows will temporarily store files in virtual memory, then swap them back to RAM when required."

Steps to reset virtual memory:

Step 1. Press Windows key + Pause/ Break key at the same time. Then choose Advanced System Settings on the left panel.

open the interface and choose advanced system setting

Step 2. Go to the Advanced tab, then click Settings. 

click settings in the advaced tab

Step 3. Go to the Advanced tab again, and choose Change in the Virtual memory section. 

choose virtual memory section

Step 4.  Make sure that the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box is NOT ticked. 

manage file size to solve 100 percent usage

Step 5. Select your windows drive (the hard drive or partition that has Windows installed on it – usually C:), and enter an Initial size and Maximum size for your virtual memory:

select c drive and change the memosy size

• Initial size: This value varies, depending on your computer. If you're not sure what value to use, just enter whatever the number is in the Recommended category. 
    • Maximum size: Don't set this value too high. It should be about 1.5 times the size of your physical RAM. e.g. A PC with 4 GB (4096 MB) of RAM should have no more than about 6,144 MB virtual memory (4096 MB x 1.5).

Once you've entered your virtual memory values, click Set, then click OK and reboot your computer. Later check performance and that should be improved much better. 

• Swarnakamal
    i tried this method but still now it is taking much more time
  • Let windows automatically manage paging and make sure your computer has disk problem at 100% by pressing ctrl + shift + esc!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Amirnoruzi12
    Amirnoruzi12 Member Posts: 2 New User
    i have tried to install BATTLEFIELD1 of fitgirl repack version in ACER ASPIRE A515-51G-58GJ ,but it tooks 8hours to install the game??
    how to impove this?? my laptop is one week old only
    I have the same problem that was mentioned but i also have 16Gb RAM and when i start installing a game from fitgirl setup or etc, i face at least 4 hours of installation and the interesting thing about my problem is that when i open taskmanager it says that only 2Gb of RAM is in use and 4Gb free aaaand 10Gb is standby -__- so how should i fix it?
    It happens in any kind of work i do on my laptop Acer aspire E5-551G
  • Amirnoruzi12
    Amirnoruzi12 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have 16Gb RAM and when i start installing a game from fitgirl setup or etc, i face at least 4 hours of installation and the interesting thing about my problem is that when i open taskmanager it says that only 2Gb of RAM is in use and 4Gb free aaaand 10Gb is standby -__- so how should i fix it?
    It happens in any kind of work i do on my laptop Acer aspire E5-551G
  • @Amirnoruzi12I suggest you ask a new question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer