Installing ssd

Pulkittyagi
Pulkittyagi Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Sir I want to install a ssd in my acer nitro 5 with ryzen version. How can I install that can install my self or need to visit service centre is there any additional cost and I have to get ssd from your service centre or bring it with my self

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Is your model an515-51? If so, it has an entry for ssd Storage 1: M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe / SATA Co-lay)!
    However to add this ssd, you should open the back case! In some countries, it is allowed to open without loss of warranty, as long as the user does not damage the notebook! You can check with United States support Acer!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    कुछ देशों में, यदि आप नोटबुक खोलते हैं और इसे नुकसान नहीं पहुंचाते हैं, तो आप अपनी नोटबुक वारंटी खोना नहीं चाहते हैं! हालांकि, आपको अपने देश के एसर से जांच करनी होगी, अगर आपको वारंटी खोने के बिना एसएसडी एम 2 जोड़ने के लिए नोटबुक खोलने की अनुमति है! नोटबुक पर कुछ आंतरिक मुहर हैं, जो टूटा हुआ है, वारंटी का उल्लंघन करता है! आदर्श रूप से, एसर इंडिया से संपर्क करें या एसर इंडिया तकनीशियनों के लिए एसर सेवा केंद्र स्थापित करें!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer

Hi, The majority of Aspire Nitro (AN515-51) shipped with a HDD or a HDD caddy kit included with the unit. If you haven't received HDD Caddy Kit contact Acer Technical Support of your location and get one. 

The Aspire Nitro 5 series includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.

Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.

1. Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.

2. Remove the screw securing the hard drive door to the lower case, and remove the door by lifting at the cut corner.

3. Install the new hard drive in the hard drive module using the four screws included.
      Note: If there is no hard drive module present, please contact Acer support.

4. Connect the hard drive cable to the new hard drive.

5. Align and install the hard drive module into its slot on the lower case.

6. Attach the four screws to secure the hard drive module to the lower case.

7. Align the hard drive door latches in the slots on the lower case and press the hard drive door firmly until it is fully seated.

8. Secure the hard drive door with the screw you removed in step one.
    SOURCE: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49882
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Is your model an515-51? If so, it has an entry for ssd Storage 1: M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe / SATA Co-lay)!
    However to add this ssd, you should open the back case! In some countries, it is allowed to open without loss of warranty, as long as the user does not damage the notebook! You can check with United States support Acer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pulkittyagi
    Pulkittyagi Member Posts: 4 New User
    Sir I need to install m.2 ssd not normal ssd 
    Will it void my warranty I am indian
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    कुछ देशों में, यदि आप नोटबुक खोलते हैं और इसे नुकसान नहीं पहुंचाते हैं, तो आप अपनी नोटबुक वारंटी खोना नहीं चाहते हैं! हालांकि, आपको अपने देश के एसर से जांच करनी होगी, अगर आपको वारंटी खोने के बिना एसएसडी एम 2 जोड़ने के लिए नोटबुक खोलने की अनुमति है! नोटबुक पर कुछ आंतरिक मुहर हैं, जो टूटा हुआ है, वारंटी का उल्लंघन करता है! आदर्श रूप से, एसर इंडिया से संपर्क करें या एसर इंडिया तकनीशियनों के लिए एसर सेवा केंद्र स्थापित करें!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• In some countries, if you open a notebook and do not harm it, you do not want to lose your notebook warranty! However, you have to check with Acer of your country, if you are allowed to open a notebook to add SSD M2 without losing the warranty! There are some internal seals on the notebook, which is broken, violates the warranty! Ideally, contact Acer India or install Acer Service Center for Acer India Technicians!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer