Acer laptop hinge and screen frame falling apart? Aspire VX 15

unnasan
unnasan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
I had this laptop  Acer Aspire VX 15 for less than a year and i was mostly always gentle with it. It was bought in Turkey i had an issues with the screen connecting before but i fixed it. Now as i was just normally about to close the lid, i heard something pop and some small black bits from the left side where the hinge is just fall out and the frame on the screen just separated from the screen on that side. If i try to move it, up or down it pops even more, so i cannot even close my laptop without the whole thing falling apart. Shouldn't acer take responsibility for this, since i have seen other posts stating the same problem. I need this replaced with a new one and i hope the acer store does that. 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    The only solution in your case is triggering the warranty! Here in Brazil, many users are also having the same problem on the screen! I hope that the Acer of Turkey will solve this problem in the same way that Acer do Brasil is doing, that is, respecting the consumer! In some cases, Acer do Brasil, is offering the product exchange for nitro 5! Make sure this is possible in your country!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    The only solution in your case is triggering the warranty! Here in Brazil, many users are also having the same problem on the screen! I hope that the Acer of Turkey will solve this problem in the same way that Acer do Brasil is doing, that is, respecting the consumer! In some cases, Acer do Brasil, is offering the product exchange for nitro 5! Make sure this is possible in your country!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Amrakus615
    Amrakus615 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I just tried to open my Acer laptop, which was purchased a year and a half ago, and all of a sudden the frame starts coming off of the front right side as you open the laptop up. I don't see what has changed since I used it yesterday afternoon. How do I fix this? I don't see if it's getting stuck on anything.
  • Olá @Amrakus615 Ideally, you create a new thread by clicking ask a question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lolo2259
    Lolo2259 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just tried to open my Acer laptop, which was purchased a year and a half ago, and all of a sudden the frame starts coming off of the front right side as you open the laptop up. I don't see what has changed since I used it yesterday afternoon. How do I fix this? I don't see if it's getting stuck on anything.
    I have the same issue.